• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

RC-100 track problem! please help!

bigblueox

I just aquired a 2006 RC-100 with only 138 hours on it. It came with a loftness mulcher a bushhog and a 4-1 bucket. the previous owner had noted a distinct squealing sound comming from the undercarrige and diagnosed a rear bearing gone in what the parts manual calls the "14 inch wheel" so he ordered the part. On delivery of the machine i find a WELL used rc 100 that looks nothing like it has 138 hours on it. the machine has the smell and look of being submerged under water for some period of time not to mention both sides of the "14 inch wheel" rear bearings are completley shot to the point where the center shaft is grinding down into oblivion. What can i say, i didn't purchase this machine nor did i see it before purchase. The machine is equipped with a forestry package and a winch. My problem is now i have to replace the "14 inch wheel" bearings and shaft assembly. I loosened up the track, jacked the machine up and supported it but the track still seems to be to tight to remove. Now i could be stupid but it appears that the track has to come off completley to remove the wheel assembly. The drive motor "sled" appears to be as far forward as it will go and the track seems to tight to be removed. I did not remove the pin from the turn buckle, but it seems that the " sled" cannot go an farther forward as it is running into the track gaurd. Does anybody have any advice on this issue. It really chaps my ass that this guy kept on running the machine past the point of being easily reparied. Is this normal to see this kind of wear so early? I will post some pics later this week so you can see what i'm talking about.

Digdeep

You can call ASV's service center- 800-346-4367. I have called them before with technical questions and they were great to deal with.

mouse

Occupation
(wishfully) avoiding work as much as possible
bigblueox, can i sell you shares in a very nice harbour bridge? only lightly used, iconic and you will be one of a distinctive group of 4,000 shareholders... ;)

ok, so how did you come to buy a machine like this sight unseen?? and why?

Stick Pro

welcome to the wonderful world of asv undercarages u have to remove the turnbuckle and slide the drive motor foward until u will see a hole that the undercarage has and u have a hole in you drave motor frame u will line the holes un stick a bolt through the holes then u will piviot the motor out words away from the tractor then all u have to do is mon the track off after a few time u become a profesional at it good luck