• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Rats may be cute and furry to your woman, BUT.........

stinky64

Occupation
big truck wrench/fixer of things
I'll see your dead fox squirrel and raise you one dead 20 pound racoon that got under the crawl space portion of my cellar and couldn't get out or just died of old age.Found that sucker at the beginning of heating season when the furnace kicked on. By the time it was discovered, it had pretty much "melted" into the ground..What a treat that was crawling under there to remove that treasure...Even with bleach,lime,skunk remover, and all sorts of other potions, that lil' stinker lingered for months..

Vetech63

I'll see your dead fox squirrel and raise you one dead 20 pound racoon that got under the crawl space portion of my cellar and couldn't get out or just died of old age.Found that sucker at the beginning of heating season when the furnace kicked on. By the time it was discovered, it had pretty much "melted" into the ground..What a treat that was crawling under there to remove that treasure...Even with bleach,lime,skunk remover, and all sorts of other potions, that lil' stinker lingered for months..
Your going to make me upchuck :confused:

JBrady

Barn cats really do help a lot. King snakes are great if you are lucky enough to have them. I leave the hoods up on everything when I am done using it, but they can still find plenty of places. This sounds silly, but it has worked for me. I drape a shop towel or glove over the doorway into the bobcat when I park it. If it has moved or gone when I come back to use it, I know to go look for a rat.

T-town

Occupation
retired !
... we have "field" mice here.... and some 'voles' which stay on the ground... but no rats to my knowledge. Less you count whistle pigs as rats....
Have had our camper parked

As for my birds ...and after checking the Cornell Bird site.... they had to have been chimney swifts, some neat reading about them there.

T-town

Occupation
retired !
.... guess I didn't finish my thought.??
Our camper is parked on a gravel pad in a field. 2nd season and no mice ..... knock on a BIG piece of wood!!
But all kitchen stuff removed... peppermint oil stuff inside, moth balls hangin outside. The only 'rats' there are sometimes in the toilet .. ;)

T-town

Occupation
retired !
Nature is amazing !! and draws a crowd of clapping onlookers too....... like the bats in Texas.
But more thrilling than the 'mass sponge migration'.... ;)

Honcho

There are rat here. But I ve never had any problem with them. Our sailors when they have a rat problems on board. they rise a Rat king. They catch as many as five of them put them in the barrel n give no food no water, till they start to kill and eat each other. The last one to survive is most agressive and strong. They let it go free. And it kills the rest of rats on board.

Honcho

Perhaps Russian rats have a better table, and they dont need to gnow wires. Have you tried to feed them but a little far from your house