• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Rare Dozer

brucew

They were a rare dozer in Australia too as I recall. I have only seen one of those Hitachi's, I can't remember whether it was the To9a or the T113a dozer on a property in the Wandoan district in Qld in the early 70's. Apparently the first owner of this machine had two of them and used to pull brigalow scrub with them. They would have been woefully under-powered for this job I would have thought as they would have been up against d8's and d9's. They were advertised in 69/70 Power Farming as being able to buy these machine's through Crossle & Cameron Industries Limited in Brisbane. I was told that the plates in the steering clutches would inter-change with a cat d6 and looking at the above picture it looks to me like it could well be a d6c or there-abouts track gear.They had Hitachi engines as I understand it.

Last edited: