• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Ran a scraper today!

BrianHay

Right on Serv :)
The silty stuff and sand are about the hardest stuff to straighten out once it goes sideways on you. Is it duck walking you (when the back of the scraper is waddeling back and forth)? What works for me, don't know how it would work on an elevating scraper. Is when I pull into the cut I position my wheels in the center of my last cut. That's were its the smoothest because its the...pivot point (for lack of a better term) of your cutting edges from you last cut. There are no ducks there. Then I dig deep. The extra force of your edges being planted in help keep it flat. I do the same in the fill if I start duck walking. Drag it in the same way with at least half a load on. The extra weight helps keep it planted flat as your dragging.

If you get the opportunity for sure take a cat machine for spin. Even if your not gunna buy one. You will get a big bang out of it.

Great pics!