• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Ran 580M out of fuel

Delray83

I did the same as BGW yesterday evening. I was working on a hill, and the gauge said I had fuel, though low. Came down while my wife went and go diesel. turned it off, refilled and sure enough..won't start :-(
I am going to go through this process today to bleed and put pressure into the lines. Crossing my fingers.

Delray83

This worked like a charm. Able to repurpose bicycle tube to add pressure to the gas tank ultimately had to loosen a couple injectors to get the air all the way out. One thing I screwed up last night in the dark was cross threading the fuel filter breather bolt…doh! Looks like that fuel lift is made out of aluminum? Unless I re-thread it I’ll probably have to replace this part. Still trying to find out what it is numbered.IMG_5045.jpeg