• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Rainier Skyline Excavator

Occupation
Running Supersnorkel
They certainly not loggers! see how the guylines are spooled I know a dozen linewinders that would roll over in their graves if they seen that.

Redneckin90

I helped build this massive piece of equipment at McPaul Machine in Centralia it weighed at the move to rock island 256000 pounds

580bruce

I think Ranier is set up shop in the little town of Entiat Wa.Drove by the old "Big toy" site the other day,and looks like its collecting some big iron!

log frog

Electric gravel yarder

Somewhat off topic, but here is an electric powered gravel yarder on the east coast of New zealandDSCF0383.JPG

Redwood Climber

Hmmmm.....

Let's see....Steel.....Water....Electricity....mix them together......I guess my Science teacher was wrong?

SPMiller

Occupation
Operator
Let's see....Steel.....Water....Electricity....mix them together......I guess my Science teacher was wrong?

No he was right, maybe you're confused. The electricity and water shouldn't ever meet. Electric drive motor produce large amounts of instant torque, making the potential for them to be extremely efficient depending on the setup.. No one wants to electrify the pond lol

Last edited:

BCC Tyee

Im pretty sure thats a Saurman Tower Machine. I'm In the same business as Mike with Ranier Rigging only we don't sell the machines we just use them. We always recomend people to Mike because he definataly knows his stuff. We use a highly modified Skookum tyee winch on a large set of crawlers. I will try to get some pictures up. I'm located in southern IL. If anyone would like any info shoot me a pm or email.

ROBHARE

I work at a sand and gravel operation in Indiana and we are looking at one of these or or a dragline to excavate approximately 100,000 tons per year. does anyone know where i can find a good used machine?