• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Rain

CT18fireman

Occupation
Owner
Well another rainy day in the Northeast. Yesterday I was able to finish up a small retaining wall before the rain got heavy. We were supposed to do some final grading today but it is to wet. Too wet to mow as well.

I guess today will be spent in the shop, I want to mount the leaf box and vac, have to weld a couple d-rings on a trailer and do some service, so that should keep me busy. If I get time I want to finish testing plows and spreaders.

I guess in the end it will be a productive day but no paying jobs will be completed.
:(

triaxle

Occupation
CEO Mid-sized Grading Company
Unhydrated lime, anyone?

Do any of you guys have experience with unhydrated lime as a drying agent?

W have been using it more and more and recently were able pave when it would have been impossible otherwise.

For those of you totally unfamiliar with this stuff, you can take a lot that is underwater and pave several hours later. When tilled into mud, the lime will boil the water out and cause flocculation ( like when concrete sets up) so it gets real hard as soon as it starts to cool, usually several hours or less.

Prices range from $75 to 100 a ton and it is like confection sugar to transport, but it can overcome the wet.