• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Radiator hoses D4H 9GJ 555

Motat

Occupation
Contracting /Building
Cannott buy correct bottom radiator hose for th SN
Hood does not slope to radiator,which is higher than others thus bottom hose will not fit standard L shape Hose.
Anyone out ther with a solution ????
Kind regards
Motat

kbeen

g00239721.gif Motat here is a picture of the bottom hose. it says order quanity required to work. what about this bottom hose configuration here will not work on your machine ? according to your serial # given this is the configuration that came out on you machine.

mitch504

What I've done a few times with a modified machine, or if parts aren't available, is to have a muffler shop make a curved pipe and then just use straight hose on both ends. They can even make it larger on one end.

If your radiator is higher than normal, can you cut the factory hose shorter? Sometimes hoses need to be cut even if they are right for the application. :beatsme

Lindsey97

what mitch said. have an exhuast shop fab up some bends, then purchase a "stick" of straight hose that is normally used on big truck engines and get a few extra clamps.

Motat

Occupation
Contracting /Building
Thanks all
I am sure this is factory made setup on SN. 9gj
I have seen several on internet with the flat hood [no slope towards radiator
The top hose steel part is longer with slightly different bends .The oil cooler pipes come up higher
The shroud etc fits fan.
Radiator has pipe spacers on bolts at bottom.
I will once again attempt to attach photoes.
Tinkerer
What is the name of that product ???
Help How do I attach photes??????
Regards
Motat

kbeen

Motat i dont think the link will work. just go the geek patrol on this web site and at the bottom of the page is the thread on how to add pictures. good luck.

RNI Excavate

What you have with the taller radiator is according to SIS "PART OF 9U-8576 SUPPRESSION AR-SOUND & A/C
AN ATTACHMENT". 6I-1783 I believe is the part number for the lower hose. I'm thinking 6I-1782 is the top one. I could have those backwards because there is no picture reference for these in the manual or SIS. My SN is pretty close to yours and mine also has the larger radiator.

Motat

Occupation
Contracting /Building
RNI Excavate
You have saved my sanity.
Your right there is no ref. in manual m,nor does our NZ Cat agent know anything about it.
I really dont think the radiator is bigger, just packed up.
Mine has Solid engine side panels,with spikes for sound proofing on them.
Also hood has course grill.
Would it be possible for you to locate bottom hose for me ????
The one on my mach. is OK but pretty suspect
PS
Still cannott post picture .
Kind regards
Motat

Cmark

Good find by RNI.

Your machine shows as shipped with 6I1753 mounting gp-radiator, which is part of 9U8576 Suppression ar-sound & a/c.

The 6I1783 hose is AU$97 and there's 3 in Melbourne.

Motat

Occupation
Contracting /Building
Many thanks for imfo.
I have rung Goughs [Cat agent nz] and finally yes they have found the 6i 1753 [attachment]
They have quoted price of hose as NZ $217 no dought plus freight plus gst
NZ$ is approx 80c Aust.
Is there any way I can buy this direct from Melbourne.??????????
Who is the stockist of it there. ???????
Looking forward to hearing from you .
Kind regards
Motat

RNI Excavate

We're they able to specify that the 6I-1783 is the lower hose? I assumed it was the lower because the price was cheaper than the 6I-1782 which would be a larger and more expensive pipe. I'm curious what is the purpose of the sound suppression attachment? I always wondered why my machine had the flat non sloping hood and taller radiator guard.

Cmark

Many thanks for imfo.
I have rung Goughs [Cat agent nz] and finally yes they have found the 6i 1753 [attachment]
They have quoted price of hose as NZ $217 no dought plus freight plus gst
NZ$ is approx 80c Aust.
Is there any way I can buy this direct from Melbourne.??????????
Who is the stockist of it there. ???????
Looking forward to hearing from you .
Kind regards
Motat

In a word, no.

Dealers aren't allowed to sell outside their territory. The only way to do it would be if you have a friend in Aus who can buy it and ship it to you.

Also, as RNI points out, as there is no graphic in SIS, you can't be certain that 6I1783 is the bottom hose. If you tell Goughs that you want a "bottom hose" and not a "6I1783 hose", then the onus is on them to supply the correct part. If 6I1783 turn out to be wrong, then it's up to them to send it back and get you the right one at their expense.