• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Rad fan help

greerco

20220327_165807.jpg 20220327_165807.jpg Hey, I installed a 5.9 cummins in a my komatsu pc 150 lc excavator a few years ago. I finally have found time to get it working. My issue now( other than finding time) is getting a rad fan in it. The engine pump combo pretty much fit in the same spot as the original engine, the rad is in the original location. The issue is the engine fan hub sits to high and close to the rad to install a fan. I purchased a electric 24v fan off amazon (it was the largest size and volume I could get at the time to try something). As you can see in the pic it's pretty much useless. There's no room to lower the engine and if i lift the rad the hood won't work. (Rad and cooler are in the oem spot). So I'm wondering if anyone has suggestions to make a fan work. Years ago I converted a jeep to an electric fan. I purchased the same style of aftermarket fan as I did in this case and it too didn't move enough air. I ended up using a double fan from a car with ac out of a scrap yard. It moved a pile of air and worked great. I would do the same but I need 24v and a fan that would pull through the rad and the hydraulic cooler..... The complete outer side of the cooler is free and clear. Working on that side would be Ideal. I was thinking about trying a fan mounted on a hydraulic motor and hopefully running it off a t or something from the cooler lines going into the hydraulic cooler ( but may not have enough pressure) 20220327_165807.jpg 20220327_165833.jpg 20220327_165833.jpg So I'm looking for suggestions! Pic of what it looks like are attached. Thanks