• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

racoon skid steer

hiluxman

i just got a racoon skid steer its a chinese machine and i migth get a used bobcat broom dose a bobcat broom work on a chinese skid steer withour modifacations it shold use a bobcat type coupler

dave esterns

worst case, you will have to spend 150 bucks for some new couplers. mind if i ask what you paid for it, how many hours are on it, and what you do with it?

Lil' Puss

It's got a perkins what kind of dozer is that it is a good machine for what it is

It's one of those little Chinese dozers, pretty light, only 6,500 lbs., and yes, it's very good for what it is.

Lil' Puss

Yes, it has two. The upper one is tang drive and runs at engine speed, the lower one has a splined shaft and is two-speed.

smokey1

Occupation
Builder/Owner
I have a ht-65 Racoon skid steer with a perkins, it will take most any skid attachments , except high flow. flat face couplers closed cab with AC, It was built with a lot of oem parts , very sure footed , lift is about 2000 lbs. machine weight arround 7500. Owned it for about 18 months.

maddog

where can one find the racoon SS?
I also own one of the dozers, can't complain it has done a LOT of work for me.

smokey1

Occupation
Builder/Owner
The pump is 16 gpm. I run a backhoe and a wood spliter off it with no problems . I think it might have a problem, with a big hammer or large brush cutter, but I have never tried one. There is also a larger hydraulic pump available, but I don't think it would do much good if you didn't increase the hose, the valve, and the coupler sizes also. Overal the machine has good balance with a 2000 lb attachment on the front. Has a long wheel base, that makes it a bit tough on tire wear. The perkins uses about 1 gal per hour on full load.

Karl Robbers

I think these may also be known as Wombat Skid Steer Loaders in Australia. There is information and a pdf brochure available from the Australian distributor - just google WOMBAT SKID STEER LOADER.
There have been several posts about these, (Wombats), on this forum.
I believe they have either a ChinaPerkins or ChinaNissan engine.
I did look at these loaders before I bought my Toyota Huski, (as you have found, one can get a low hour machine for few dollars), what I found was that users fell in to one of two groups. The lovers and the haters.
I hope your machine works out for you.

smokey1

Occupation
Builder/Owner
I have a HT-65, racoon and I have no complaints with it. It has a perkins, air conditioning,heat, bucket leveling. It's very stong, and sure footed. veiw from cab only fair. Only complaint is trying to get maitanence parts and maintanence documents. The super part of it all is the price, you can buy two of these for the same amount for one case or New Holland equivilant. I think the introduction of these machines was at the wrong time, and china did not want to spend the money to set up a parts suport and service network in the USA. So they lost out.... To intoduce them again now to the usa is going to be very costley and difficult. There is also a Magnum skid steer group that is also the same product built By Hero Time Machinery Co. It looks to me that most of the parts in the machine are not made in china but are surplus from other companies. It looks like they took parts and features from bobcat, case, new holland,cat, and a few others,picked the best and came out with a decent machine. The only thing they left oiut was a service and Sales plan. I only put about 200 hrs a year on the machine and have had only minor problems. I have found no parts in the usa for racoons, but they are out there if you can find the part # of the other manufacturers parts...

ff1538

Hello new to the forum I have a racoon HT65 that is not running anyone have a service or parts manual for this machine its a 2007 .