• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

QUICK GUYS!! 99 john deere 310e 4x4 ext hoe vs 98 580 super l 4x4 ext hoe

paintman

hey guys (newbie here) as the title says, which is better? both are priced the same the jd has 3000hrs and 580 has 3700hrs

ive never owned a backhoe before so i need real input on both models..... and its goota happen this weekend please help and thanks

Bill Smith

Occupation
Rental House Owner
Case Or John Deere

I have run both and like both But Case is my bet
Seems hours are a little low for the age mmmmmmmmmm

paintman

yeah i know.....can the clocks be played with?

not sure about the case hrs(if accurate) but the deere is being sold privately and seems legit

ScottAR

Both will serve you well provided they have no issues. Run em both and see which you like to run better.
I'd go for the Case as I have better dealer support for it here. Your area the opposite may be true.

JS580SL

Occupation
operator
The company we sub out to have a ton of 310E's great machines. Most of them have hoe rams on em now.

Personally I'd go right for the Super L. 310E's are bottom line. Slow front bucket, light, slow over the road compared to a SL. Im not a fan of the 310E's as far as running them. The super L will give you more horsepower, faster hydralics, over all one size bigger. If its a 310SE that would be different. Super L's are great hoes best case made.

ctkiteboarding

The company we sub out to have a ton of 310E's great machines. Most of them have hoe rams on em now.

Personally I'd go right for the Super L. 310E's are bottom line. Slow front bucket, light, slow over the road compared to a SL. Im not a fan of the 310E's as far as running them. The super L will give you more horsepower, faster hydralics, over all one size bigger. If its a 310SE that would be different. Super L's are great hoes best case made.

dealer support??? go for the case

JS580SL

Occupation
operator
Dealer support round here for both is pretty decent. Deere is a little bit of a ride but good about gettin parts and service. Case is good for the most part..... depending on who you deal with.

handtpipeline

Occupation
Utility Contractor
I had a '95 580 SL and a '98 310 SE both at the same time. The 580 would out dig and out lift the 310, 310 would out push the 580 on the loader end, just because the 410 was 4x4 and the 580 wasn't. The 310 had a 4in1 loader bucket which was kinda nice, and it was an extendahoe also which my 580 wasn't. I didn't really care for the curved boom on the 310 myself, I grew up on excavators which have the curved booms, but it just didn't "feel" right on a backhoe to me. I'm not really a big Deere fan myself (mainly due to the local dealer) but having said that, if I couldn't go with a Case, I would probably go with a Deere. I've been on a couple of Cat machines, and wasn't really impressed. I've been on a couple of JCB's, (1990 vintage) and didn't care for them. Terex and Komatsu both seem bulky and awkward. Terex I've been on had a lot of power, but was really slow.

paintman

dealer support is great only a 10 min car ride away. i see what you mean about the hydraulics being a lil smoother and faster on the case and. a the case also seems a bit more maneuverable that jd seems alot longer then the case . really appreciate the feedback guys thanks

JBGASH

Occupation
Plumbing & Excavation Contractor / farmer
Go with the Deere. We have excellent luck with ours.

ctkiteboarding

dealer support is great only a 10 min car ride away. i see what you mean about the hydraulics being a lil smoother and faster on the case and. a the case also seems a bit more maneuverable that jd seems alot longer then the case . really appreciate the feedback guys thanks

as alway everyone will have a suggestion , that being said i got my 580sl with 900 hrs and have owned it for a long time it has been the best piece of equipment that i have owned , flawless with no major issues , the hours on yours might seem low but overall condition should line up with the hours, mine is just at 2100hrs and its a 95, case did something right with the 580sl series, pretty much as JS580sl said it is there best TLB , strong and well balanced

JBGASH

Occupation
Plumbing & Excavation Contractor / farmer
No, actually have had 2- of the Case hoes and they were OK and we wore them out. Then I purchased the the Deere and found it far better than the Case machines.
??? So, the Deere is better because that's all you've ever run? I like my 590 SL, but I'm sure they're both good machines. I'd test them both out and see which one you like better!