• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Quick coupler differences

quantum500

I have a L110E volvo with the factory QC. I have read and called places and everyone tells different stories about what works and what doesn't. From everything fits to nothing fits. I'm assuming that all QC systems are not different. Does anybody have some real world experience to share? If they are different by how much?

gmads01

I thought only Volvo attachments worked with Volvo - i.e. a JRB bucket doesn't fit on a Volvo. However, the different size of Volvo loaders all use the same size in attachment. I have used the same Volvo attachment on a L50 and a L120.

farm_boy

quantum,

The Volvo wheel loader quicker coupler is the European "standard" coupler. Not that it matters in the states or Canada, but this coupler interface is the same across all manufacturers in Europe just like skid steer couplers are in NA.

This coupler interface had many advantages over others in the marketplace in terms of visibility and performance. This is because the design keeps the top hook points in line with the loader arms and spreads the vertical distance between the top hook and bottom pin as far apart as possible. This keeps the bucket (or forks etc) as close as possible to the boom-to-bucket joint, thus keeping breakout forces and tipping load specs as high as possible.

Just about every manufacturer will make a coupler with this interface. Even JRB, although this isn't their standard interface, will make a coupler to pick up your Volvo attachments.

John Deere make a factory coupler for their loaders called the Hi-Vis that has the interface to pick up euro- style attachments like the Volvo's. It named mostly after its ability to give the operator improved visibility to the forks (or what ever attachment may be on a loader).

JCBgm

Farm Boy,

You learn something new everyday!! I knew that JCB and Volvo interchanged but didn't know that there was a European standard. Makes sense now!

idler

Any attachment company will make you a volvo coupler, gmads is right, L50 up the L120 used the same coupler, as long as the attachment has the hook up for volvol

drag1line

Just to keep things interesting,
The new LiuGong North American wheel loader couplers also are interchangeable with Volvo attachments, even if LiuGong originally comes from Cat line. They were OEM for Cat in China for a number of years.