• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Questions about OTT's

Lil' Puss

I know somebody has discussed this topic but I can't find it with site search.
My evenly worn tires have approximately 20% tread remaining and I am considering mounting OTT's on them or just getting new tires (new tires are much cheaper). Most of my operating this winter will be in wet glacial till clay with occasional snow use.
My questions are:
1) Will new OTT's last as long as new heavy sidewall tires?
2) Would it be acceptable to install new OTT's on my existing tires?

Thanks

Totally new simple look to the forum, or is it me?

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
No problem. Just trying to help you out. ;)

Maybe you should start your own thread with the questions you have and allow other members to respond to those questions. :)

Cretebaby

I know somebody has discussed this topic but I can't find it with site search.
My evenly worn tires have approximately 20% tread remaining and I am considering mounting OTT's on them or just getting new tires (new tires are much cheaper). Most of my operating this winter will be in wet glacial till clay with occasional snow use.
My questions are:
1) Will new OTT's last as long as new heavy sidewall tires?
2) Would it be acceptable to install new OTT's on my existing tires?

Thanks

Totally new simple look to the forum, or is it me?

I assume you are asking about rubber tracks?

buckfever

if your going with steel tracks you may want to buy tires also. With bald or almost bald tires the machine will spin in the tracks when things get muddy. But with new tires and tracks you'll think you have a totaly different machine. If you're looking for rubber tracks totaly disregard previous statement, have no knowledge of those:D

Lil' Puss

Thanks guys, I apologize for not getting back sooner.
Yes, rubber tracks. I believe some rubber tracks have something like an inside tread profile to match the tire. I would be leaving these tracks on all the time, I think.