• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Questions about engine hours 1845C

KP7 Acres

I don't really have a engine hp preference but I would like working lift capacity around the 1750 range + or -. A heated cab would be great but apparently most people don't get that option. I would also like to not go over 16k and find one within about 10hrs of me.
Asking a lot :)

jsinpa

KP....I'll look around here and see what's out there for you...from what I've been noticing, to find a machine with cab/heat in that price range is going to be tough without it having a fair amount of hours on it...Hell, I'm seeing them with 4100hrs on them for $25k or more with cab/heat....You know you could always go with one that has an open cab and add heat to it with like an after market heater such as the maradyne one...I've read of guys doing that and then just using like plexiglass for windows and doors...I also wouldn't be too worried about getting a machine from farther away either..started a thread on this site about that and quite a few people gave positive feedback on it...

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
It matters not. However I am not ready to rotate out of it yet.

KP7 Acres

Well, obviously I did not get the 1845. I did find a 2001 Ls180 with a few less hours (2080) and picked it up.