• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Question to basement diggers

drummer

Occupation
Site Contractor
I have a CAT 320CL and a CAT 320DLRR (several other sizes, too). I have 2 lowboys (55t and 35t), a 20 ton tag and a 25 ton tag trailer. The tags are both Eager Beaver (25t is 3 axle). Move either of the 320s with the 25t tag behind a dump truck legally. I am in SC. I also use the dealer here for many purchases. It isn't just the equipment, the after sales support from Blanchard Machinery is second to none. If we are voting, I vote for the 321 for you!

slapshot

My fleet we use a Cat 314d lcr, with blade. Plus a lazer level with a LR60 on the stick. the blade comes in handy for final level, for grade beam construction, seface of basement nice and level to work on for your workers, most of the material from the basement is used as landscape material.

dozerman400

Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
If your predicting a busy year, I'd go 200 size. More reach, loads trucks faster, stronger for hard materials or frost... If not so busy, 160's our nice machines, will get the job done, just have to work a little longer.

Construct'O

Occupation
Dozerwork,tiling plus many more!!!!!!!
160 size owner here and have been impressed with it.Has the long stick ,quick coupler,axil lines and hammer control valve.Is easy to move,good reach.

Came with a 39" bucket, now have a 48" tilt ditching bucket,30",and a 60" Balderson ditch cleaning bucket and it handle that quite well for a 160 size machine.Love the quick coupler for changer between all the buckets.

Also looking into a brush cutter attachment and tree shear.The more attachment you can have for one machine the more versital you are.

My 160 weighs end a little under 39,000 pounds and seem closer to a 200 size machine then a 160.Works for my small operation,but yours might different .Good luck