• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Question for you northeasterner's

lamarbur

Charter Member
Occupation
part time excavator/backhoe operator
At my neighbor's we are doing styrofoam block addition. I haqte working with his engineer-general contractor,, Guy is beyond slow,,, A month long job has taken 7 months now and it is 15 % complete, OF course this guy shows only on Saturday and Sunday, working maybe 8 hrs between both days, Anyway, enough about that,, I am looking for a trailered portable concrete pump with enough hose to pump up ten feet,,, There are none around that I can find living right on CT-MA state lines and interstate 84. Anybody know where I can find a portable pump?

LowBoy

Occupation
Owner, Iron Mountain Iron & Equipment (Transport)
At my neighbor's we are doing styrofoam block addition. I haqte working with his engineer-general contractor,, Guy is beyond slow,,, A month long job has taken 7 months now and it is 15 % complete, OF course this guy shows only on Saturday and Sunday, working maybe 8 hrs between both days, Anyway, enough about that,, I am looking for a trailered portable concrete pump with enough hose to pump up ten feet,,, There are none around that I can find living right on CT-MA state lines and interstate 84. Anybody know where I can find a portable pump?

lamarbur, I'd try United Rentals, Hertz Equipment Rental, and finally Tyler Equipment in east Longmeadow, Mass. at the very least for information on where to find a trailer-mounted pump. Why can't you hire one of the regional concrete pumping services with a normal, full sized pump...might be overkill, but they're usually available. Cost me $600.00/day last one I used. (Maybe it's a budget or tourain issue?)
Hope that helps.

cat320

Charter Member
If your looking for a pumping outfit call independent concrete in wakefield they seam to go all over I have seen just a truck mounted pump unit.

lamarbur

Charter Member
Occupation
Thanks guys

It is a small job for one,., I have called all the rentals and every single one has said they no longer deal with the smaller, trailer pumpers,, People were returning them not cleaned, or so all of them said,, Gee I know White, one of the salesmen at Tyler,, DIdn't realize they had them,, in Longmeadow shop anyway... THe job is small. What hurts is this is another cottage on the lake. Years ago, there was no zoning here, so the cottages are tight together, there is no room between them, little if any lawn between cottage and lake,, It takes an act of congress to get a mixer in, never mind a pumper truck too..We too, are on the same reservoir only we have an open 11 acres, where abbutting our property are the tight knitted cottages. I allowed the last two mixers to cross my field just to help this guy out. However, they heavily rutted my hay field... He knows he has to repair the field,, I really do not want a putmeitster (sp) pumper and mixers coming at once.,. I'll have no field or hay left.,.

lamarbur

Charter Member
Occupation
thanks a million for the link. I'll have the neighbor call this first thing in the morning