• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Question for those more exposed to these than I

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Of the varied models I am looking to buy a decent HOPEFULLY tracked machine for our farm. Would be in a age range of ten-fifteen years, hours are not a deal breaker but I would expect to be using this for Fence work, land maintenance(grade and cleanup), other duties that come up with as pop up with associated attachments. Of the machines out there which is most versatile for least expense and will not drive me insane electronically?

Junkyard

Occupation
Field Mechanic
We've got a couple Takeuchi's at work. They get abused dragging tooling around, tracked all over the yard in high range, backed up 1/4 mi at a time back dragging the yard, spun around on a dime and seem to handle it well. Parts support is good too.

Mark13

Takeuchi TL100 or TL200 series. Minimal electronics, hydraulic controls, durable undercarriages, huge cabs, etc. Simple, Strong, and Durable.

gwhammy

Used skidloaders seem to have went up in price even thou there are alot of used ones for sale. I've only ran a few track machines, one was a t190 bobcat. Really good running machine for it's size. Mechanical controls are alot more dependable than electric over hydraulic at 13 to 1500 a side to replace.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
At times they creep up or down depending on the needs here. I watch some of the local sales, I get on CL and even Machinery Trader looking to prices. BC of St. Louis/Columbia seems to be overloaded currently with used machines, prices came down trying to move them but are as the Cat 953 63 73C series and newer loaders the higher tech end of the spectrum losing value as if something in general is wrong with them $$$$ wise to repair. Tends to scare me off even if cheap.

I am concentrating now to older Gehl and Takeuchi, those prices seem to stay stable telling me they are a more stable product as they retain stable pricing. Thanks guys.