• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Putting this here but could be other places Case new Web Site Sucks

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
Anyone know of a work around for the terrible new web site Case put up claiming it makes getting parts ordered easier?

Use to be you could go to the "Home Page" and there was a place where you could simply input the model number of the machnie sa, 1845C, and it would take you to the parts break downs and you could see just what you needed. Now it seems like there are hundreds of things to try to wade through and if you put in the model number you end up with just a bunch of pictures and no rhyme or reason for what they are for or where the F*&# on the machine they might be located.

Also a bit OT but they also had a agricultural page that was the same and they even had the old parts books for Farmall tractors like my 1947 Farmall BN

Rant over for now, and yes after a bunch of searching I did find a link to send a comment to them, Doubt that will go anywhere!

bad Tom

You are right. Sometimes the part numbers are there and some times they are gone. They need to go back to the older version. Ag and construction sites are the same. I think enough people will complain and they may go back to the old system.

mitch504

Friday you could click a bookmark and get on the old system, but tonight my bookmark goes to the new mess. I tried through Messicks.com and it says the Case parts books are down.

I HATE Fiat-New Holland-Case.

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
I totally agree, the new site is crap compared to the old one. Oddly enough, one I've complained in the past that sucked was Bobcat. Well, they've made their parts pages much more friendly. Go figure.

kshansen

Occupation
Friday you could click a bookmark and get on the old system, but tonight my bookmark goes to the new mess. I tried through Messicks.com and it says the Case parts books are down.

I HATE Fiat-New Holland-Case.
Back a couple weeks ago I stumbled on to this "new and improved BS site" I had an old email or something with the old link on it so I made a bookmark for that just to be safe and sure enough they merged that with the new crappy site.

And to add insult to injury on the new site if you try to use the "contact us" link to complain they make you select a dealer and not corporate and even doing that they only let you make a post about your order!

Tinkerer

I have a thread about this in General Industry Questions.
Where the hell would anyone get a business id to complete their dumb ass registration for access ?
Try to go to the Case Construction section on the homepage and I get a 404 -page not found.:mad:

alrman

Occupation
Diesel Fitter;Small Business Owner;Cleaner
You OLD Blokes really can't handle any changes in your normal routine can you! :p

You just have to LOOK & READ - ALL the little boxes on the new webpage.
It's very different to the old website - but it works perfectly & I don't need to register or login to use it :cool:

Works alot faster than the old webpage on my phone as well - when I need to use it onsite.;):D

alrman

Occupation
Diesel Fitter;Small Business Owner;Cleaner
Try to go to the Case Construction section on the homepage and I get a 404 -page not found.:mad:

Try clicking the "Choose Brand" icon on the top banner - a new smaller page will open with CNH ag ; CNH construction ; NH ag ; NH construction - choose which you want.
Then next line down gives you the option to "Search Parts By - " ..... click...... Model or Serial or PIN Number ...... type in model in the next box ...... chicken dinner!

Easy peasy ;) :cool:

.... I have noticed that not all the parts shown in the diagrams are listed with actual part numbers ...... hopefully that's a temporary issue..... :rolleyes:

Last edited:

kshansen

Occupation
Okay guess that works to some extent but seems like clicking through 3 or 4 pages to get to what you could do right on the very first page.

Kind of like pulling out of my driveway and taking a right the the next right, then the next right and one more right to get to neighbors house instead of taking a left out of the driveway and then a left into his driveway!

56wrench

well, i tried it and it did not work very well. sometimes the specific model would load and sometimes it wouldn't. and to get back to the index for that model was difficult. it has potential but they have some bugs to work out IMO

oilerman

SO thats what happend.. I was looking up parts the other day and it didnt want to load.... finally got into the new one.. but I hate it to. I guess FLASH is being discontinued and everyone has to change up to accomadte it.

ThreeCW

These web sites are designed by the “young” guys that have never searched for or bought a part in their short life! Now if we came from a “gaming” mentality, we too could probably navigate these new web sites.

For what it is worth, I find the CAT parts website significantly lacking ... it was probably designed by a young guy / girl too.

And I share the same frustration on our national news site when ever they make “improvements”. Usually it is 1 step forward and 3 steps back.

I too must be an “old” guy.

kshansen

Occupation
For what it is worth, I find the CAT parts website significantly lacking ... it was probably designed by a young guy / girl too.

And I share the same frustration on our national news site when ever they make “improvements”. Usually it is 1 step forward and 3 steps back.

I too must be an “old” guy.

I'm just glad that so far no one has caught on to the fact I'm retired and not working for the company anymore. Because if I was to loose my access to SIS what little help I can offer here would be gone in a flash! I'm thinking that as often as I do log on to SIS some "Computer Bot" thinks I'm still working!:rolleyes: