• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Putting a different transmission behind a DT466 - Need some wisdom Spicer 6+1 to ?

crane operator

Parts truck looks like better cab in the rockers than the first truck.

Can't you take a axle from the parts truck if you have gearing issues?

Andy1845c

Occupation
Electrician
Invest in some ear plugs.
Noted. Haha. Are they whiney?

Parts truck looks like better cab in the rockers than the first truck.

Can't you take a axle from the parts truck if you have gearing issues?

The cab is better and the doors are really nice. I think I am going to just fix the cab I have though and sell the parts one to recover most of what I paid for this truck.
Parts truck is on hendrickson walking beam. I think its super cool but don't want to make a tandem, Not sure what I am going to do with the axles.

Its not the engine that you need to worry about its the Driver.

Going into my 7 speed I wondered if it had broken forks or shift mechanism from a careless driver, but seeing how it failed it looks like it was bad maintenance or bad parts or bad luck. There was oil in it but I didn't check the level, it maybe was low. It had been rebuilt once and replaced 150k ish miles ago according to the service records. I looked up the parts I needed and saw they are for sale on eBay... made in china or india or something. Made me wonder if the replacement transmission had possibly be rebuilt with low quality parts. I guess I will never know why it failed.

Its a international cab, transmission noise is just a extra tone in the cacophony of melodious dissonance that rattles around in them.

I've driven so many of these and never found them that bad. My other truck is a F800 ford and that is loud. It has a radio but I don't know why.

Old Doug

I was ask to look at a truck that had a 7 speed. The guy let another guy take it for a test drive. I went and looked at it thinking it had a broken fork but i couldnt get the top off because the trans was part way under a flat bed it had on it the truck was used to pull a goose neck that was steal hooked to it. I hauled my torch out there and cut the beds cross member and got the top off it did have a broken fork and also the main shaft was broken in to.
This is were the job went bad . The truck would steal move in first so i hooked its trailer to my pickup and hauled it home. I pulled the trans then he didnt want to spend any money on it. Months later a another guy called me saying he had bought it and was coming to get it i told him not till i got paid. The new buyer ended up getting a trans and paying me for the job.I put the original owners name on my never help agin list.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
We had one towed to the shop a couple months back, the driver broke the shift lever off just below the pivot ball in the tower. One inch diameter hard steel shaft and he somehow broke it.

That guy used to work for me...:rolleyes::D