• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Pulverizer drums

bean

I have heard rumour that there is a "soil" drum and an "asphalt" drum for them but I have never seen or noticed any difference on the machines i have seen. However i noticed on a RS-600 there is no curb scratchers? Maby they had been burnt off?

milling_drum

Occupation
asphalt mill operator (ret)
Pulverizer drums are alot different than a typical milling drum, the most obvious differences are in the flighting. Flighting on the pulverizers I have seen have much longer shanks than the holder is welded/bolted too.

I'll see if I can fish up some links to pages on the internet here, I've seen a few pictures from time to time.

bean

Keystones big easy drum for reclaimers

Attachments

• bigeasy.jpg
    bigeasy.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 585

bean

From the RS600 parts manual. There is 2 different cutter assemblies each with a unique part number. Whats the purpose of each? any ideas

Attachments

• cutterassembly.jpg
    cutterassembly.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 593

bean

2nd cutter assembly

Attachments

• cutterassembly2.jpg
    cutterassembly2.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 544

bean

Rs800