• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Pull behind compaction roller with tires for road transport?

bflobil

Occupation
Farmer, dirt work
Hey all, I'm looking for about an 8'-9' wide smooth drum compaction roller that I can pull behind my grader. In the past I have seen a couple that have transport wheels so you can lift the roller and move quickly down a road. Anybody know of manufactures that build something like this? I do some road building and need to do some compaction and bust up sod as I build them up. Thanks in advance.

Raildudes dad

Here's what you are looking for
https://www.machinerytrader.com/listings/construction-equipment/for-sale/204366777/galion-vost242

Pretty sure this is what you want. Tow behind rubber tire. I work for a county road department and we have 2 - 30? years old, and haul them with both motor graders and dump trucks. The steel wheeled ones your thinking of won't do well with sod and loose material. I'm not sure thy make them anymore, we haven't had one in 30 years. All our small steel rollers get trailered to the work site.

https://www.conquestequipment.net/sales/tow-behind/2014-wrt-pt15-stk-10226

bflobil

Occupation
Farmer, dirt work
I’m really limited on turn around space and will need to be able to back up a bunch so that extra hinge point is undesirable for me. I appreciate your thoughts though.

bflobil

Occupation
Farmer, dirt work
Ya, the “walk-n-roll” is made right here in my home town of Havre, Montana. Unfortunately I have a snow wing bracket where the ripper mounts and I pry would use the snow wing more than a ripper and compaction roller. I have a ripper for it but haven’t changed it over.