• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

prowler grapple rake

NWH

Anybody have experience with the prowler superduty extreme grapple rake ? I am looking for a grapple type root rake and this one looks gor the price if the quality is good

pafarmer

Occupation
Land clearing, demo, site prep etc. Ex Pro Motocro
Yes....The Superduty Root Grapple is very well built. Good value in my opinion....No issues after a few years of continuous usage and we don't baby equipment or work tools....

Porcupine29

Banned
it depend what you want to do, when it comes down to the root grapple. personal I've never used one because it seems like you can not get a bulk material in the grapple. i use a CID root grapple and it works well. it is built strong, the cylinders are protected from all sort of material i may encounter. root grapple or just call the guy, his name is ...

Last edited by a moderator:

Todd v.

As far as I know prowler products are CID products just rebadged. IMO the top grapple rakes are Bradco and Faver because of the unsupported tines, more dirt will fall out and they are better to rip roots out of the ground. Both are more expensive, especially the Bradco. I have a Faver grapple rake it have been very happy with it. CID makes good stuff also, I own one of their extreme whatever mowers with probably 300 hours on it and haven't had any trouble out of it and I have not been easy on it, it's been through many 5" hickory trees.

NWH

I purchased a

I purchased a cid attachments rake/ grapple from USA attachments and am well pleased with it upon inspection. I have yet to use it because I am so backlogged with dozer and trackhoe work.