• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Proportional solenoid valve

Mikeyp756

Hay lachau, I tried disconnecting the 2 psv like you said and nothing changed. Swing and travel still slow/weak. Actually Travel forward and backward it’s OK but track steering is very very weak. You mentioned checking vpcv. I’m assuming I need to put a gauge at the port. Do you know how much pressure it should read. Thanks for your help. Mike

LACHAU

Hay lachau, I tried disconnecting the 2 psv like you said and nothing changed. Swing and travel still slow/weak. Actually Travel forward and backward it’s OK but track steering is very very weak. You mentioned checking vpcv. I’m assuming I need to put a gauge at the port. Do you know how much pressure it should read. Thanks for your help. Mike
Please see Group 6 (Operational Performance Standard) of Section 6 (Operational Performance Test).... page T06-06-05.

000.png

James Patrick

Agree with your opinions.
Regarding to Technical Manual, I never have used the J.Deere manual so I have no idea!! but I have a feeling that HITACHI's documentation is easy to understand also. I attached file for your reference.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/o8dxek1yvr4h5tm/EX120-3_T135E-00_Technical_Manual.pdf/file

View attachment 215872
Gday LACHAU,looks the same to me but would that manual be the same for ex200-3 ? If not would you have the same for the ex200-3I have some issues with my machine,your help would be appreciated.
Cheers James

LACHAU

Gday LACHAU,looks the same to me but would that manual be the same for ex200-3 ? If not would you have the same for the ex200-3I have some issues with my machine,your help would be appreciated.
Cheers James
Sorry!! Can you explain in more detail what you want to talk about. What is EX200-3I?? I have never heard of Hitachi excavator model EX200-3I!!!

James Patrick

Gday LACHAU,sorry about that,was just a typo i didn't put a space in there, the machine is just your average hitachi ex200-3 that is here in Australia, I was looking at the service manual you posted and just wondering if it's the same as my machine or maybe you have one you could share with me for the ex 200-3,hey thanks for the reply much appreciated.
Cheers James

LACHAU

Gday LACHAU,sorry about that,was just a typo i didn't put a space in there, the machine is just your average hitachi ex200-3 that is here in Australia, I was looking at the service manual you posted and just wondering if it's the same as my machine or maybe you have one you could share with me for the ex 200-3,hey thanks for the reply much appreciated.
Cheers James
Here you are.
Good Luck.
https://www.mediafire.com/file/nsrufuy2ty0zzom/EX200-3+Technical+&+Workshop+Manual.pdf/file

James Patrick

That means the controlling of PSV is out of order! You should check the wires, connectors, PVC controller...

You should check the VARIABLE PRESSURE COMPENSATED VALVE which install in front of main control valve. They might be stuck at closed status!!

View attachment 215932
[/QUOTE

Gday LACHAU,
You're post here and on this forum is very helpful, the machine is working ok,although travel is slow and jerky I did as you mentioned and unplugged the travel PSV,made a big difference travelling smooth and fast,i haven't tried to check wiring as I am still unsure how to with a multimeter, have attached a picture of pvc could you please take a look and reply your thoughts,or if anyone else has seen this before.any input appreciated.
Cheers James

Attachments

• IMAG2223.jpg
    IMAG2223.jpg
    5.8 MB · Views: 18

James Patrick

Gday LACHAU,
You're post here and on this forum is very helpful, the machine is working ok,although travel is slow and jerky I did as you mentioned and unplugged the travel PSV,made a big difference travelling smooth and fast,i haven't tried to check wiring as I am still unsure how to with a multimeter, have attached a picture of pvc could you please take a look and reply your thoughts,or if anyone else has seen this before.any input appreciated.
Cheers James