• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Problem with Volvo Ec210

I have a problem with my Volvo Ec210 Excavator, It do not want to start and the screen not coming on

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Izzy Haishonga

I have a problem with my Volvo Ec210 Excavator, It do not want to start and the screen not coming on. I changed the engine ECU but still it doesn't
want to start. But it start on the starter motor but not with the key.
Can an

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day
I suggest you bwgin checking fuse's - relays ect. I assume we are talking EC210B ?
kind regards
uffex

Izzy Haishonga

When you turn the ignition key on, the display flashes on and goes off in around 2 second. indicating a caution signal on top. The machine cannot start but if we try on the starter motor then it start but just goes off in few secondsIMG_2955.jpg

Izzy Haishonga

Where I mark OK stays on and I assume is fine there. but the screen in the middle just goes on and of together with the caution sign on topIMG_2954.jpg

funwithfuel

Occupation
Mechanic
Ok, the lights in the center flashing on for 2 seconds is normal. That's a self test or bulb check. With the red central warning flashing, is anything displayed on the bottom of the screen. For example 187 FMI 231 or anything like that?

BigWrench55

I had recently worked on a problem similar to yours. Remove the cover from the back of the display and then unplug the ribbon connector. Leave the big connector plugged in. Then try starting the machine. If that works then your display is bad and you will need another. But you can't simply buy one and install it. It will need to be programmed.

Izzy Haishonga

I
Ok, the lights in the center flashing on for 2 seconds is normal. That's a self test or bulb check. With the red central warning flashing, is anything displayed on the bottom of the screen. For example 187 FMI 231 or anything like that?
I'll try that now and get back to you

Izzy Haishonga

I had recently worked on a problem similar to yours. Remove the cover from the back of the display and then unplug the ribbon connector. Leave the big connector plugged in. Then try starting the machine. If that works then your display is bad and you will need another. But you can't simply buy one and install it. It will need to be programmed.
I'll try that now and get back to you