• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Problem with Komatsu PC200-7

donsanty

All,
I have a problem with PC200-7.
I was working with it. Suddenly, she stopped move. Engine was still running, but she cannot move neither swing nor traveling. Therefore, I shutdown the machine and start it again. But the problem still occurs. Lastly, I turn on the emergency pump, but code erorr E02 is shown in the monitor panel until I restart it again.

I guessed it was a problem of solenoid (the one located closed to hydraulic tank which is responsible for locking), therefore I changed it. But nothing's happenend. i have check the switch under left handle controller, no problem. I clean the cable and all the filters. But nothing's happened.

somebody help me pliz..

Regards,
Don

tool_king

Occupation
road mechanic owner
Did you do a pressure check to make sure you pumps are making pressure?The imput shaft of the pump could have broke.I will look in my shop manual

tool_king

Occupation
road mechanic owner
donsanty this is the way it appears i the service manual

Failure information No work equipment nor travel and swing functions can be set in motion.
Relative information Set the working mode at A mode for the testing

1 Malfunctioning of PPC lock
solenoid valve
Stop engine for preparations. Start testing at engine high idle.
Safety lock lever Main relief pressure
Locked 0
Released 29 to 35 kg/cm

2 Malfunctioning of self pressure
decompression valve
Stop engine for preparations. Start testing at engine high idle.
Control lever Control circuit source pressure
All levers in NEUTRAL position 29 to 35 kg/cm²

3 Piston pump defective
The piston pump is suspected of malfunction or an internal failure. Diagnose it in
the following manner.
Remove the oil pressure measurement plug and crank the engine. If oil flows
out, it is in normal condition.

4 Damper defective It is presumed that the pump shaft does not rotate due to some internal failure of
the damper. Check the damper itself.

mrjoe72

Occupation
heavy equipment mechanic
All,
I have a problem with PC200-7.
I was working with it. Suddenly, she stopped move. Engine was still running, but she cannot move neither swing nor traveling. Therefore, I shutdown the machine and start it again. But the problem still occurs. Lastly, I turn on the emergency pump, but code erorr E02 is shown in the monitor panel until I restart it again.

I guessed it was a problem of solenoid (the one located closed to hydraulic tank which is responsible for locking), therefore I changed it. But nothing's happenend. i have check the switch under left handle controller, no problem. I clean the cable and all the filters. But nothing's happened.

somebody help me pliz..

Regards,
Don

hi i have the same exact problem did you resolve this ..im desperate ....i going to throw my diploma

donsanty

Thanks for the advice, toolking

@mrjoe72
In my case, the oil from controler in operator's cabin didn't flow to main valve. It stopped at the hole of self reducing valve. The reasons are:
1. accumulation of rust and small particles in the hole.
2. the change of diameter of hole due to heating process.

Of course, one can solve it manually by enlarging the existing hole, but i don't recommend it. Better to change new one.

I takes 2 weeks for me to solve it.

jey_c

what do you mean by controller in operator's cab, is it the joystic. And wich hole you are talking about, is it located on the pressure reducing valve or on the solenoid block?

michel

can you send a small schematic or try to be more clear because we're having same problem and couldn't understand how you solve it, thanks a lot guys.

Fordzilla

tool_king

Occupation
road mechanic owner
This link has expired, anyone able to send me a copy? Or a DROPBOX link maybe? I am having a problem with my coolant level alarm. I have topped up the overflow but the alarm wont stop. I have checked the connectors etc and all looks good. Help?
Whats your email so I can send to you .