• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Problem on 963C

Nikos_23

Hello guys,i need help if someone know.Yesterday i repair my backup horn beeper,maybe the cable was cut so i put another cable from ecu to horn and everything its ok.Tomorow i start up the machine and when i try to up rpms starts the cabin alarm and i see this service code 029913.when i put down the rpms stop alarm....what i can do???thanks for your time

dirtfarmer

Occupation
farming
I can't help you much on your newer 963c...I have a straight 963 and I just had to put a new ecu( i think that's what it's called) board on mine. It was doing crazy things with my alarm. I opened the old one up and it was FULL of water!!! How that water got in it- I haven't a clue, but the new board fixxed my problem. Between $500 and $600 bucks for a board though.

dirtfarmer

Occupation
farming
I should have added that I don't know what your codes mean but in old school time, it sounds like your altenater could be over "charging"- I had a Bobcat do that once.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Service Code 299 13 is the transmission control lever position sensor that requires recalibrating.

As an aside taking power (I assume) from the feed to an ECU to power a backup horn is not really a sensible thing to do. ECU's are sensitive things at the best of times.

Nikos_23

Thanks Nige for your reply,you think that i must change the transmission control lever position sensor or to recalibrate it?And tell me if you know how to recalibrate it?

Shenandoah

As a general rule many sensors use voltage as the way to read what the components are doing. So a voltage drop caused by tapping into a line that is not designed to feed a component is a common problem with electronics. As Nige pointed out, if you used a different wire than the original you need to undo that fix. Also be careful you don't create a 'resistance' problem in any of the wires such that they don't flow the power as they were intended to from the factory. This can happen if you effectively reduce the number of strands in a wire by cutting them or damaging them. Hope that makes sense...:)

Last edited:

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
I would agree with the above. ECM's are sensitive and you could easily have introduced a fault by tapping voltage for you reverse horn from somewhere you shouldn't. I would undo the "fix" and see if that cures your issue.

If the Fault Code persists I would simply try recalibrating the sensor. If you PM me with an e-mail address I will send you the procedure.

Last edited:

Nikos_23

Thanks guys for your help,but when have the problem i try to fix it and i make again the cables in the first situation but the problem dont fix it.if someone know what else i can do i need help pls...my email balikos@hotmail.com

Nikos_23

Everything its ok..i recalibrate and now the machine its ok...I want to say thanks for your replies and i want to say a BIG THANKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS to nige who help me a lot.....thanks nige you are friend!!!