• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

private lot owner wants to mate Farmi JL501 pto winch to skidsteer

jbarry

I've got a CAT257B2. I want a small winch like the Farmi JL501HD (http://www.farmiwinch.com/JL501HD/) to pull out logs and thin the 15 acres of spruce and fir we have on our hilly rocky terrain. I like the fact its got a long length of cable and a quick infeed. But I can't buy one direct from farmiwinch.com due to territorial agreements Farmi has with its distributors. I'm in Canada and the JL501HD is in the USA. I can understand that, although for Farmi Inc, you would think a sale is a sale no matter how it gets to the customer.

Cdn dealers can't (or are not interested) to bring one in. So in talking with Farmi USA they said if I buy the JL501 (pto version) from local dealer he could sell me a kit that would be the hydraulic motor, price tag for that almost the price of the winch itself. I'd still need the QA->3pt attachment. I'd buy the JL501 and get the QA/3pt attachment but I'm wondering if there is a cost effective alternative and make up a motor/hoses/ etc, assumign pot shaft would probably be off the shelf. I'll first admit I'm a complete newbie to how hydraulics work. So if anybody offers suggests on how to go about, I'd appreciate details.

Having said all that, if someone has a used winch that mounts to skidsteer and is thinking about selling, I'm interested.

Last edited: