• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Prime dirt pans

southernman13

Occupation
Retired
We recently bought a couple 14 yard prime pans. 1410 model. Apparently prime is out of business. Just trying to find a spec sheet on these pans. Mostly trying to figure out the weight. They look very similar to he Reynolds 14C so that’s what I’m going by. If anyone has an old brochure laying around it’s be appreciated. Thanks

ShaneK

We recently bought a couple 14 yard prime pans. 1410 model. Apparently prime is out of business. Just trying to find a spec sheet on these pans. Mostly trying to figure out the weight. They look very similar to he Reynolds 14C so that’s what I’m going by. If anyone has an old brochure laying around it’s be appreciated. Thanks

Sorry to hear that. It's a shame that there's so many of these mom and pop scraper startups that seem to come and go with the wind. Something to say for going with a well-known, reputable manufacturer so consumables and service is always available.

southernman13

Occupation
Retired
Good luck? Hope I haven’t bought something I shouldn’t have. They look very well constructed and heavy duty. They were bout to level 12 acres and not used again. Show no signs of wear at all. The man passed away. I’ve seen many prime pans around. I didn’t know they were out of business. But hey that’s my luck lol. Hopefully they’ll hold up. He had all the hoses replaced a while back and they haven’t been used since. They’re straight as can be and the cutting edges are perfect. The cylinders show no sign of pitting and don’t leak. Oh well I’ll have them here soon. We’ll she how they work out! They were made in poplarville Ms

Delmer

I've never seen a Prime scraper, but it's not something I'd be one bit afraid of. It's not like its a Letourneau self propelled hybrid or something that's hard to figure out, or get specialized parts for. I couldn't find anything referencing weight, your comparison is as good as you'll get. The only other thing you'll miss is the knowledge base with a more established company/model. You'll just have to be the expert on Prime 14yd pans, I think you're up to it. :D

southernman13

Occupation
Retired
Thanks man make me feel better lol

Attachments

• A4E06D81-3CF3-4B03-8A41-97758A4A1E23.jpeg
    A4E06D81-3CF3-4B03-8A41-97758A4A1E23.jpeg
    5.6 MB · Views: 50
  • 50C891EF-C2D2-4DD3-8F3A-30343BBF54A5.jpeg
    50C891EF-C2D2-4DD3-8F3A-30343BBF54A5.jpeg
    5.7 MB · Views: 47

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Most likely utilized off the shelf componentry as the Truck wheels across the back, would not expect to need Name Brand specific parts for these.

southernman13

Occupation
Retired
Tenfo. That’s what I was thinking not much you would need from the manufacture unless u destroyed one most anything could be fabricated or bought from another supplier. Hopefully they’ll serve us well

terex herder

Look an awfully lot like my Reynolds. What are you going to use to pull them? My Reynolds works great in sand and light soils. Heavy clay as soon as it starts to dig you have to start pulling up on the pan or it will get sucked down. I'm not sure how well I could do loading the second pan where I can't see it. My machine is a single.

southernman13

Occupation
Retired
Yeah they dolokks like Reynolds fosho. We bought a 9180 Steiger haven’t go them together yet but I’m sure we’ll mostly be using just one. If we had the room we’d use both but it’s not a real big area. They came as a pair. Hopefully it all works out