• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

price info on 1970 birmingham 28ft tilt trailer 20 tons

huntin24/7

have a 1970 birmingham 20 ton tilt trailer that i'm wanting to sell. 24ft by 8ft deck,it hasnt been used since 1994.my grandpa bought it brand new back in 1971 for $5,500.i know it needs new brake lines.prolly new brakes, the wood on the deck is 3 inche thick oak.doesnt look rotted,and the tires have been holdin air since 1994....what kinda price should a guy ask for...the model number is820-ttr

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 851
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 853
  • 048.jpg
    048.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 768

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Do you know the story on the upside down mounted pintle hitch on the trailer? Don't think I have seen that before.

tonka

Occupation
Equipment Operator
um thats not upside down, its wrong that should be on the truck, and the ring sould be on the trailer....

edit: i guess it is upsde down...

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
um thats not upside down, its wrong that should be on the truck, and the ring sould be on the trailer....

That was the point of my question.:cool2

Speedpup

Occupation
President and all else that needs done!
with a bunch of tongue weight it can't pop off :beatsme:beatsme

littlejoe4

Occupation
construction
you think of just sticking it in an auction and let the auction house get you what they can for it, its the easy way of course.

fredb

Occupation
former operator
Can you help me?

Dear CM1995
I was trying to contact huntin24/7 on the forum, but I was not able to. Then I noticed you were conversing with him back in March 2010 about this Birmingham 20 ton trailer, so I thought you might know his email address or perhaps his phone number. Or, you might know of an other way how to get a hold of him. I would sure appreciate your help.
fredb

mitch504

Fred, click on his user name at the top of page, try sending him a private message and try an email. His email address may or may not be current, cause it's been a year.

fredb

Occupation
former operator
Dear mitch504,
Thank you for your reply. I tried to click on his user name before but I'm denied access, all I get is either: View profile or View forum, which does not get me anywhere.

mitch504

Now that you've madse your 3rd post, you should be promoted to junior member soon; then you'll have access to PM and email him. The links are on his profile page.
Good luck
Mitch

Last edited: