• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Prentice 2470 Forestry Mulcher

biggav

Occupation
Mechanic
Hi Gents
I’m heading out in a couple of days to look at a 2470 forestry mulcher that is having trouble with the hydraulics randomly running slow and the engine over heating. I’m wondering if anyone has been around these units and possibly has the workshop manual or hydraulic schematics or a contact at the factory even.
TIA
Gav

Mike L

Occupation
Self employed field mechanic
I don’t know anything about prentice mulchers but since cat owns them you can usually call the tech line and they will get you the info you need. Just make sure you have all the info (make, model, serial number) and they can usually steer you in the right direction

Tones

Occupation
Ex land clearing contractor, part-time retired
biggav, which part of the machine is running slow, the mulcher or the base machine?

biggav

Occupation
Mechanic
Base machine from what I can gather. Sounds like a pilot pressure Fault to me but I’ve never laid eyes on it just talking over the phone so far. I’ll be having a look at it on the weekend.