• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Precast Sewer Structures...

SeaMac

Occupation
Operator
I suppose, but this project is literally right next to a huge and deep lake. Pretty much all we're really accomplishing here is balancing. I kid you not, Friday we set two structures and laid about 300' of 18", the last structure -6' tall- was 8' down with water a foot from the top. This is with (2) 10" and (1) 6" hydraulic pumps running at the lowest point of the run. Monday, we anticipate the Trench Crew to arrive wetsuits and us Operators will be wearing waders.
The hole has to be to return water to the ground. I felt the same way about those curb inlets I described a few posts back. I had no idea what they were for until the inspector told me what they were for.

Last edited:

buckfever

Speeking of water flooding your trench.

We did a job once where water that had filled up some old coal mine shafts was now flooding the sanitary sewer. When they installed the sewer they ran a 10" pump all day. Once every thing was done and the builders excavator came in to conect the sewer latteral he would hit water three feet above the tap. So we ran a 18" cpp two feet below the main with T's every 100' to pick-up water. To give you an idea of how much water we where dealing with. We tied into a existing 24" storm line that emptied into a silt pond, by the time we were half way around the pipe was running full bore and the pond was getting hammered. We thought the pond was going to wash out.

That was about 5 years ago and that pipe still flows about 2" deep.

SeaMac

Occupation
Operator
Atsa lotta watuh buckfever!

I know the GC's Superintedent has been seeking approval from SFWMD (South Florida Water Management District) to lower the lake level by 2'. As of yet that hasn't come through. It should be loads of wet-n-watery fun when we start the sanitary. On Friday our lift-station sub completed their install and the lowest invert is 16' down. I think at this rate we should hire commercial divers.

Speeking of water flooding your trench.

We did a job once where water that had filled up some old coal mine shafts was now flooding the sanitary sewer. When they installed the sewer they ran a 10" pump all day. Once every thing was done and the builders excavator came in to conect the sewer latteral he would hit water three feet above the tap. So we ran a 18" cpp two feet below the main with T's every 100' to pick-up water. To give you an idea of how much water we where dealing with. We tied into a existing 24" storm line that emptied into a silt pond, by the time we were half way around the pipe was running full bore and the pond was getting hammered. We thought the pond was going to wash out.

That was about 5 years ago and that pipe still flows about 2" deep.

Last edited: