• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Power Bob-tach

catnip2377

Hi, I just purchased an 04 S130 with about 400 hours on it. It came with the power bob-tach option, however it is not working.

I have tested the switch on the console and it is operating correctly and there is power getting to the switch. I checked the cables on the hydraulic unit and they are not torn and have a clean connection.

Does anyone know what else I should be checking?

Thanks in advance.

:beatsme

mrfixitpaul

Can you tell if the cylinder is broken inside?

Can you tell if the Hydraulics are trying to move but the wedges are stuck in the bobtach?

By saying hydraulic unit, I assume you mean the valve on the outlet of the gear pump? If not, check there for loose/fallen off coils on the solenoid stem. if they are in place and wiring is ok I'd next remove the stem from the valve block, connect the coils and activate the dash switch-with key on-to check for action in the solenoid stem.

spitzair

Squamish BC (Home), Slave Lake, AB (Work)
Way back when I was operating a front end loader of some kind, can't remember which one it was, and to run the hydraulic quick change you had to roll the attachment all the way back and hold the lever while you hit the release switch. Could it be that this thing you have to do the same thing? Just a thought, hope it helps...

ermineerwhatbuc

Occupation
unemployed, bobcat for hire
what happens?
sometimes my power bobtach get out of alignment, all I do is hold the lever and kick it all the the way open and she works alright from there, try that if she doesn't quite release, if she doesn't lock up probably needs grease in the side grease zerks, or pour some used motor oil to get her freed up and grease the pins with them shut and work the open and shut, and grease them once more, and she should be trouble free from there.:beatsme:drinkup:usa

catnip2377

Update:

I took the hydraulic hoses off the front bobtach cylinder and manually closed it (open bob-tach).

I then put the hose back on and tried to close it by pusing the button. The only way I got it to work was to tilt the bucket all the way up and hold the pedal at the fully up position. Then the bobtach slowly started to close the pins. It would not close unless the pedal was held at the same time.

I still can't get it to open. Even with the cylinder disconected from the bob-tach.

Any ideas?

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Sounds to me like you have a problem with the solenoid diverter valve mounted on the pump output that delivers oil to either the Bobtach cylinder or the loader functions. Sounds like it's not diverting oil to the Bobtach, oil keeps going to loader functions instead.

mrfixitpaul

Bobcat has designed the system to close slowly when other functions are used to make sure the cylinder doesn't 'back off' during machine operation.

Have you checked that the coil/stem valve is shifting when you move the rocker switch? If it is moving when the rocker switch is moved then there is a problem inside the valve block.