• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Post Hole Auger? Homemade Ideas?

JBrady

Where I live, I can get an unlimited supply of used power poles for free. I use them for corner posts and one side of my pastures along our road for looks. Everything else was T posts. 400-500 T posts and most of them were put in by having a helper hold the T post while I pushed it in with the bobcat bucket. I got pretty good at it, but would occasionally hit a rock and it would stop or bend if I didn't back off soon enough. When I was about 95% done, my dad called and said lets split the cost of a Danuser T3 post driver. "Thanks Dad, wish you had called last month!". That thing is awesome. For the power poles, I have a hydraulic auger with a 6" bit. Drill the hole, clean it out with post hole diggers, tamp down the bottom and add about 1-2" of gravel. Drop the post in and dump 1.5 sacks of quickmix and about 3 gallons of water and you are done.