• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Plowing snow in Saskatchewan

roadrunner

The best One-Way there is!!!

Hey Cat 140H, how do you like your Capital I plow?
I have went 2 years on the cutting edge...... never need to constantly change blades or skid shoes with this tire system it has.It will handle alot of snow.I was pushing through snow with it coming over the fornt of the plow.That is why they made that Straight up piece of iron that the flag hangs on to cut the hard snow that comes over the plow so it will not rip off your front fenders!
Excellent product from these guys ,I know them well.
Let us know what you think!

CAT140H

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
roadrunner, I think the plow is pretty good and it works really well, to bad it's only here for a tryout.

CAT140H

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
Grade4me, I'm including a few photos so you can see how the Oneway plow looks like hooked to our Cat 140H.

Attachments

• 2009, Mar. 3  000.jpg
    2009, Mar. 3 000.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 382
  • 2009, Mar. 3  001.jpg
    2009, Mar. 3 001.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 395
  • 2009, Mar. 3  002.jpg
    2009, Mar. 3 002.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 401
  • 2009, Mar. 3  004.jpg
    2009, Mar. 3 004.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 391

roadrunner

Nice looking plow! I would like to try the wheel system instead of the shoes. Anyone know how long a set of wheels would last on the plow?

Wheels will last for as long as you keep the bearing packed with grease and plenty of air in the tires.This is the only way to go, because you know how many times you are replacing or even hard-surfacing your own shoes!

One other thing we also put wheels on another plow that had shoes and it works very nice , no throwing stones all over.BUT go with a low profile tire and heavy duty rim so you have less soft sidewall(tire bounce)..

roadrunner:cool2

Grader4me

roadrunner, do you have any close up pictures of the setup? I would like to rig one of our plows up with the wheels to compare. Thanks in advance for any additional info

Grader4me

Yes it is a good site. Strangely, I found myself starting to understand the language...kidding! Picture is worth a thousand words though.

One of the reasons for close up pictures is to see if the sleds compare and what kind of modifications would be involved. Some of our sleds set very low as we have different manufacturers that build them for us.