• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Plowing Snow 2012

leachrod

Occupation
grader operations
Weird weather patterns this winter, still no snow past a day in wichita 50s all this week

CAT140H

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
Condolence's and Prayers to the family of the Grader Operator that was killed in a Grader Train accident on Jan 24, 2013 in Northwestern Saskatchewan.

Randy Krieg

Occupation
Test Pilot/Operator @ Caterpillar's Tucson Proving
16M Feeding the Blower at 30 below 0

and with the windchill it's was pushing -60, but we try to keep the road open. The things we do to find more oil? ;)
16M Feeding the Blower @ -30.JPG

AKSNOW

Occupation
Heavy Eqpt / NCCO Crane operator
Hey Randy Krieg you on the haul road? I just quit after 10 years with Thompson Pass / Valdez DOT. Kind of looks like pulling and blowing we did with a 160 m sloper and Oshkosh "H" series blower (Cat C-15 blower motor).I will try to posts pictures but am having trouble with mine posting (I have Apple)

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Clutch failure. Usually either forward, reverse or 2nd speed. Average transmission life to failure is 4000 hours. I think on our 4 we've changed about 8-10 transmissions so far. Also there are major issues with tandem seals leaking, plus steering problems. As far as I'm aware all of these problems are being experienced world-wide.

leachrod

Occupation
grader operations
Looks like a long weekend shaping up in the east, you guys be safe and warm.

KevD815

Could be looking at 2 feet here in central CT. We have some light snow and a couple inches at the moment but its gonna be interesting tonight.

leachrod

Occupation
grader operations
Those two storms meeting up over tonight and tomorrow could be very difficult ,

KevD815

Yep its f**king mayhem. I think the town might have to take the onamental V-plow off the front lawn of the Highway dept and put it on a truck!