• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Play in carrier roller on Kubota kx71-3

ThrottleJ

I had a squeak coming from the right side track area of my kubota kx71-3 with 1750 hours and upon inspection found I have a fair amount of play in the upper carrier roller on that side. The left side roller has a slight amount of play but much less than the right roller. I am new to working with equipment but I would assume one or more of the bearings in the roller are shot. Can anyone give me some pointers on getting the roller off and repairing it? Is the slight amount of play in the left side normal or should I plan on repairing that one as well? Is a press required to remove and install the bearings? Thanks!

xcmark

Occupation
construction
my guess is you need a compleat roller , I would guess its around $50.00 usd

ThrottleJ

Looks like a complete roller is $242ea. I am going to try and pull the rollers off and get them apart and hopefully get away with just new bearings and seals.

xcmark

Occupation
construction
ouch! I wonder if they buy there parts from JCB , because thats about how much they would mark one up also!

ThrottleJ

If anyone has tips on getting the rollers off and apart please share. I would love to keep the trial and error to minimum when I tear into it this weekend.

yanmarman

Occupation
union ironworker
everything cost so much anymore,would like to know if you got it apart or not i;ve rebuilt track rollers good luck

lectro88

Occupation
master electrician/owner
@ 1700 hrs. and already giving trouble. I would consider aftermarket or as you mentioned, attempt rebuilding.
We have a place here used to be called rimtrax but sold out to another name. That sells for all brands.

ThrottleJ

I got tied up at work and did not get to pull the roller off until yesterday. The bearings are completely destroyed inside. My Kubota dealer said there may be an aftermarked roller available in the spring but they did not know of any aftermarket options available now. I ordered a complete new roller assembly for $240. I haven't pulled the roller off the other side yet but it does have some slop so I am guessing that it is probably shot too. While I am waiting for the part I am going to check the other side's roller out and change the oil in my final drives.

yanmarman

Occupation
union ironworker
you should buy a yanmar! very good luck with ours.

ThrottleJ

I pulled the top roller off of the other side and it too is destroyed. I ordered an aftermarket roller off ebay to try for this side. Now I am wondering what kind of shape my bottom rollers are in. Looks like they are going to be a little harder to service.

Timber1983

What actually holds this roller in? Press fit? Bolts?

I got tied up at work and did not get to pull the roller off until yesterday. The bearings are completely destroyed inside. My Kubota dealer said there may be an aftermarked roller available in the spring but they did not know of any aftermarket options available now. I ordered a complete new roller assembly for $240. I haven't pulled the roller off the other side yet but it does have some slop so I am guessing that it is probably shot too. While I am waiting for the part I am going to check the other side's roller out and change the oil in my final drives.

I'm curious as to what holds this roller in? Pointers on removing it?