• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

pipeline in southeastern Ohio

bigcatpip

here are some pic of a pipeline that is going on in ohio right now. it is south of Interstate 70 around Zaneville OhioIMGP1885.jpg

IMGP1887.jpg

IMGP1883.jpg

IMGP1882.jpg

IMGP1918.jpg

bigcatpip

stop and talk to the fuel man and he said that there is over 80 pieces of iron in a 10 mile section. word is they are trying to make it thru ohio in less then a year.
IMGP1920.jpg

IMGP1922.jpg

IMGP1921.jpg

IMGP1941.jpg

IMGP1940.jpg

bigcatpip

anybody ever use or work around this beast? How does it work? and what is it used for?
IMGP1936.jpg

IMGP1937.jpg

IMGP1938.jpg

bigcatpip

from what I saw they had 3 new JD 450 leading the way , the last pic look at the stick you can see where they painted line that show they how deep to go, 3 line that had 10 11 and 12.
IMGP1933.jpg

IMGP1931.jpg

IMGP1932.jpg

JimBruce42

Occupation
operator
sweet pics bigcat.

I've seen info on those moblie screens before, from what I've heard they are used to screen out big rocks and back fill the pipe at the same time with the fine material.

micah

Occupation
walmart driver
i live a bout 1 mile or so from where they are putting in the line and it looks like they are getting with it, 7 days a week rain or shine lol

dirt digger

Occupation
pushing dirt, baling hay, and hitting the books
awesome pics...i didn't think Henkels did work that big

bigcatpip

i live a bout 1 mile or so from where they are putting in the line and it looks like they are getting with it, 7 days a week rain or shine lol

you should take a ride on your 4 wheeler and take some new pic.

EZ TRBO

Occupation
Aggregate Utility, Maintence Welder
Awesome pics, somthing bout a pipeline crew is amazing. Yes Micah get some more pics please.

Trbo

oriden

Occupation
Equipment operator/ truck driver/ wrench operator/
wow now only if we could get that goingup here :O

rino1494

awesome pics...i didn't think Henkels did work that big

My buddy is a union mechanic and he was on 2 of Henkel's pipeline jobs last year. They did one is Dallas, PA and Berwick, PA. He said that their pipeline division is out of LA if I remember correctly. 2 yrs ago they spent $24 million on equipment.

390eric

Man i was just out that way a couple weeks ago, all I saw was some of those pipelayers being hauled down 70. Wish I could have seen the work. Those big deeres are sweet looking machines

roddyo

Occupation
Manipulator of the Planet
A Padder

anybody ever use or work around this beast? How does it work? and what is it used for?
View attachment 45319

View attachment 45320

View attachment 45321

It looks like a Padder.

The first dirt to go into the Ditch gets run through the Padder. That's to made sure no rocks ding the coating on the Pipe.

If there is very much rock the pipe is set on sand bags on the bottom of the ditch also. Gots to be Pretty Anal about that Coating in the Pipeline Business. lol

I don't know how it is now but Sand Bags used to be Cost Plus BTW.:D The Pipline Companies wanted to make sure they was in there. Counting Sandbags=Lots of Fun.:rolleyes:

bigcatpip

thanks roddyo, In one of my pic if you look close you can see 4x4 space every 30ft or so it that what they place the pipe on to get welded? before it moves into the hole?

gasfield315c

Occupation
build gaswell locations in the steeper than a mule
good looking equipment...nice to see some big iron like that being bought locally, i saw the leslie equipment stickers on the deere's thats our deere dealer down here, who are they doing the work for??