• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Pin won't take grease

simonsrplant

Occupation
Heavy Duty Off Road RSE
Absolutely agree with previous comments on auto lube systems.
They can screw up, have blocked ports etc. If not checked properly you’re back to square one.
I have a power pack line with a grease adapter on...
use it for all sorts including clearing blocked ports. Rarely do I have to r and r pins to clean.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
I my opinion autolube systems are only as good as the people maintaining them.

Way too many people are sold on the idea that once installed maintenance is solved for life. That is far from reality!

At the very least you still need someone who will visually inspect the equipment to confirm that all points are getting the proper lubrication. Also the amount of lubrication can vary substantially between two identical machines due to environmental operating conditions!

Seen my share of auto lube failure. Lease company bought into them and before two years were out they were ALL Gone, then the quarry manager in Augusta MO saw them as his answer to saving TONS of money WOOHOO was a gravy train for awhile but the work was incessant. One broken line or a popped fitting or have a pin stop lubing and the heat was on!