• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Pictures of my work

Dirtman2007

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
Here's a few more mud pictures

Just put the volvo in the lower section
001.jpg
004.jpg
daewoo in the uppser section. Some Spoiled rich kids threw some bricks through my windows

002.jpg
on the mats digging a drain ditch
003.jpg
Here is my new toy! Komatsu track off road dump truck
005.jpg

Dirtman2007

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
006.jpg
007.jpg

Please enjoy these few pictures. While filming the inside of the track truck and showing what everything did I managed to drop my camera as I can't mulitask and drive the truck too.

Were not going to finish while were up here anyways so I will have a new camera when i return!

Here's what we got. I'm on the daewoo and the bossmans on the volvo pushing the mud under the bridge.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWlOWQk1enA

few pictures before the camera crapped out

Here I am laying the mats down

002.jpg
003.jpg
004.jpg

Last edited:

solar140

Nice pictures Chris, what a bummer about dropping the camera :cussing :Banghead Looks like a good job and that tracked dumper is a nice piece of kit. I used a track dumper on a job a few years back :cool:
Now you see why I have guards to go over my windows, stops the stupid kids smashing them :rolleyes:

Dirtman2007

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
Now you see why I have guards to go over my windows, stops the stupid kids smashing them :rolleyes:

:thumbdown

Ha ha

I tell you if had seen it happen well.... we'll leave that alone:guns

I just understand things like that, there was plenty of old glass bottles they could have smashed from a trash pile on the powerlines, but NO... They had to throw a god dang brick through my two side windows and send a million little glass jiblets all over the cab. It really suck slicing your finger on one of those glass slivers.

Track truck was fun to drive for about an hour!

solar140

Yeah I'm with you there, let me catch anyone trying to smash something up :cussing:mad:
It's the same over here, you can't leave anything without some dumbass kids wanting to come along and smash it up :beatsme
Don't be without a camera for too long ;)

Dirtman2007

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
Yeah I'm with you there, let me catch anyone trying to smash something up :cussing:mad:
It's the same over here, you can't leave anything without some dumbass kids wanting to come along and smash it up :beatsme
Don't be without a camera for too long ;)

I can't complain too much it's only the second time it has happened in 11 years. I'm just glad they did not bust them all out. Those two window glasses cost enough:eek:

I've already got a new camera! More pics on monday:D

Eddiebackblade

Nice Pics.

Just found this thread and have really enjoyed your pics Dirtman.
I have worked on many pool and restoration jobs here in the UK, and can really appreciate the work you do and the challenges faced.

You have certainly got most angles covered there, with some decent timber mats under you and a tracked dumper to assist.

I spent 4 months on a Yanmar C80 tracked dumper during a large pool construction, and the machine saved the job.
Nothing else would run on the ground loaded, and it would easily outperform a D5 lpg for traction even loaded!!

You run a nice range of machines and all appear well equipped for the job, this must certainly help maintain your workload and reputation.

We don,t get to play with thumbs on machines in the UK, but they certainly seem a useful addition.
I always opt for a tilting bucket where possible, as the time saved and finish achieved is considerably better than continually repositioning the machine.

I drove a Cat 320B for 2 years, and had it sent away on a self drive rental one morning. It,s temporary replacement was a new 210B Volvo.
The difference was noticeable in terms of actual Dumptruck loading performance, but the Volvo more than made up for that in fuel economy and ease of control.
If i was to buy for myself, the economy of the Volvo would be a big factor.
Never used a Daewoo, only rescued one (sorry Solar140!) but hear only good about them.
I,m starting a pool clearance in a weeks time with a Cat 312c and tracked dumper, and will try to post a few return pics.

Thanks again

Dirtman2007

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
Thanks, We... or maybe I should say I try to keep things looking good. I just don't like sitting in or runing a machine that looks like an monkey was in it.

Like you said we always try to have the right or get the right equipment for the job, nothings worse than trying to use something that in not fit for the task at hand.

Keep tuned... it's going to be a busy summer!
Mud, mud and more mud. YEE -YAW:Cowboy

Dirtman2007

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
Time to bring all the equipment back home!

Attachments

• 007-6.jpg
    007-6.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 2,060
  • 005-8.jpg
    005-8.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 2,084
  • 004-8.jpg
    004-8.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 2,062
  • 008-3.jpg
    008-3.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 2,064
  • 009-4.jpg
    009-4.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 2,077

Dirtman2007

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
My new mud holes to play in for the next week or so. I have 3 silt ponds that need to be dredged and reconstructed into a wetlands area where water plants will be planted.

Well it rained last night and I'm out on the track of the volvo trying to open up the valve and drain the pond down.

001-6.jpg
002-7.jpg

Pond is drained and I dug a trench and built a berm along the edge hole hold back the slop.

003-7.jpg
004-9.jpg
005-9.jpg

Dirtman2007

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
[-Agent-];82513 said:
I think that is what his company does.

We do just about everything, demo, clearing, burning, basements... and yes pond work seems to be more often!

Here's a few pictures from today

My new task is dredging out 3 silt ponds and reconstructing them into an engineered designed wetland areas. Way too many diagrams/ elevation lines to look at all day, so I just copied the main one and that’s good enough for me!

here's the print
006-9.jpg

All the 500 yrds of mud is removed and piled into the side of the hill.

005-10.jpg

Time to start building all those little steps. everything had to be within a 1/10th of an inch.

004-10.jpg
003-8.jpg

JD4020

Time to start building all those little steps. everything had to be within a 1/10th of an inch.

Thats the only thing keeping me from entering that kind of work, too much schooling I assume to learn grades.

humboldt deere

Occupation
general building and engineering contractor
Thats the only thing keeping me from entering that kind of work, too much schooling I assume to learn grades.
Pay attention in high school and you'll understand fractions. Applying that knowledge to meet strict grade requirements comes mostly from experience in the seat.;)

RonG

Charter Member
Occupation
heavy equipment operator
The steps are just contour lines representing the grade at any given point.The actual surface of the ground will be smooth.The closer the lines are together the steeper the grade will be.The farther apart they are the shallower the grade will be.Each line appears to be one foot change in elevation which is a common number on a topo map.Ron G