• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Pics of your mini!

murphy777

Occupation
mason/landscaper
thats a sharp looking machine…I like the power tilt bucket set up, and lots of Aux hydraulic ports, very nice. don't scratch it, that would be tragic

pafarmer

Occupation
Land clearing, demo, site prep etc. Ex Pro Motocro
Very nice digger HM ! Tell us about it ? Weight, HP etc.....love the bucket setup. I used the same system on all my excavators. Not sure why you see very few of these in the USA bit I would not own a machine without one...
Good luck with your new digger my friend !

hmearth

Thanks guys power tilt is what makes this digger it tilts to a full 90% angle and has 47.5 HP engine same as the 85usb runs its a little digger with big digger comfort the bucket is a loner from Hitachi they didn't get the pin sizes right for the quick hitch I was lucky they had a new set of bucks in the yard I also had it fitted out with extra lights for this night shift job it's going on after easter

JNB

Occupation
Flyin' low and rollin' slow...
Good looking rig you have there Hock. You going to get a chance to run it much?

413wedge

IMG_20151014_170010.jpgCAM00171.jpg
one shot from a foundation I was digging and a back yard sod removal for a water conservation rebate that turned into 200 yards of export and wall footings and more grading then pavers and concrete. great client but I was glad to get off that one.

PlumberRob

20151108_143818 (1).jpg20151113_080424.jpg

New Cat 305.5e2, older Kubota KX-080, KX-040. I really like this Cat Mini, tons of power and so smooth.

pafarmer

Occupation
Land clearing, demo, site prep etc. Ex Pro Motocro
Nothing like shiny new Iron. Good looking machine ....best of luck with it....not familiar with G&R..

JNB

Occupation
Flyin' low and rollin' slow...
Yep, that sure is a pretty Cat.

I wish I had enough excavator work to justify owning one. But since I'll be 60 this year and won't be able to retire until after I'm dead...is it too late to rewrite my business model? :D

PlumberRob

Thanks Guys, This is my first Cat piece of equipment and I am very happy with it. I chose it over the Tak 260 and the Kubota Kx-057
(both are very similar specs of My Cat with the long arm) because of the minimal tail on it, the others are conventional and I already have 2 of them. The Kubota u55 has zero tail but over a 1' less dig depth and reach, too close in spec with my KX-040.

PlumberRob

Nothing like shiny new Iron. Good looking machine ....best of luck with it....not familiar with G&R..

Giles and Ransome dealer is in Eastern PA, Del, and NJ, total of 8 locations,, but there is one about 3 miles from my office so it is very convenient.

chevy94

Thanks Guys, This is my first Cat piece of equipment and I am very happy with it. I chose it over the Tak 260 and the Kubota Kx-057
(both are very similar specs of My Cat with the long arm) because of the minimal tail on it, the others are conventional and I already have 2 of them. The Kubota u55 has zero tail but over a 1' less dig depth and reach, too close in spec with my KX-040.

That's a good looking fleet you have there Plumber. How many hours do your Kubota mini's have? How are they holding up?

PlumberRob

That's a good looking fleet you have there Plumber. How many hours do your Kubota mini's have? How are they holding up?

Thank You. The machines have low hours on them in my opinion, never idling(lol). The 80 has almost 1100hrs and the 40 has around 600hrs, both machines are great and holding up well. The 40 will probably go soon, doing most of my smaller jobs with the Cat, and the only thing I don't like about the 40 is its a little jerky/tippy booming out of a trench(and I'm pretty smooth) and all my operators say the same thing. I think conventional tail on a machine that small is a waste, I replaced a Case CX36b(zero tail) to get the 40 and probably shouldn't have because the 40 is bigger, but not that much to justify loosing the confined space work with the tail end, the Case was just getting up there in hours so it had to go. The Cat is a beast, it has lower HP then some of the machines in its class, but they must do something to their hydraulics because it has a ton of dig force. A great feature on the Cat is the rear camera that displays on the monitor in the cab, great for working in tight confined space areas,, and the quick coupler is awesome, never have to leave the machine to change buckets, and you can reverse the bucket to use as a shovel,, pretty cool setup.

edit: I forgot to talk about the 80. The Kubota 80 is a great machine, very smooth, tons of power. We do most of our water main, sewer main and storm piping with this machine and has been a great purchase. Kubota, Takeuchi and now Cat are my 3 choices for smaller equipment, all 3 are great choices for anyone looking for a nice machine. Only other manufacturer I use is John Deere, but only their pippins(backhoes), I think they are built solid, still a lot of steel on them compared to others with so much plastic.

Last edited:

apetad

Occupation
Compact Construction Equipment Sales
DSCN1977.jpg

Automatic Pin Grabber bucket coupler is quite handy! Leave the pins in the bucket, leave pins in the hammer, and change attachments from the cab

3 23 16 (6).jpg