• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

pics of the used and forgotten

farminHard

OK, I gotta get my post count above 3, so I'll ask my question here... I'm new to this forum, but not new to heavy equipment. I have worked in a few mining ops here and there, mostly on the welding/mechanical side, with a few chances to run the equipment. I have since left that line of work to raise my daughter, after spending most of my life's savings on fertility treatments for my wife to get pregnant. I'm now a manager of an auto parts supply store. We live in a small farming community in Central Missouri, and we raise Holstein calves on our farm, just for fun I guess... Anyway, the reason for coming here was to ask for an opinion. I have recently found a small Hough Payloader that I'm thinking about buying, fixing up, and either selling or using in my operation. I do know the little things are pretty much useless in mud, but I'm more interested in using it in the shop as a forklift/loader/junk mover. This particular unit is a H25 Paylomatic, in pretty rough condition. The owner tells me that it was purchased several years ago, brought home and backed off the trailer, to never be used again. He says it ran when parked.

My question is this: What's the little turd worth? They have mentioned maybe selling it for scrap price, and I believe that'd be a steal. It needs tires, paint, and a LOT of TLC, but I think it'd make a fine little machine.

Can you guys give your opinions? I'd appreciate it!
I'm going to take some pictures of it soon. I'll post when I can.

mag6000

Well, since this thread has been resurrected, I'll post an update on one of the machines featured earlier in the thread( The Allis track loader on page 2, post #23).

Recently a bunch of us went to check out Charlie Mansons hideout in the Panamint Mountains and I stopped off at the Keystone Mine where the Allis is sitting and snapped some new pics. Found another small ore truck too.

For years the loader arms were propped up with a 4x4 across the hood(see page 2). That 4x4 finally popped and the loader is resting on the ground now. Also, someone helped themself to the ram for the ripper.

Attachments

• xmas08 034.jpg
    xmas08 034.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 2,744
  • xmas08 035.jpg
    xmas08 035.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 2,697
  • xmas08 036.jpg
    xmas08 036.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 2,679

mag6000

Ore truck and stationary engine.

Attachments

• xmas08 037.jpg
    xmas08 037.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 2,677
  • xmas08 038.jpg
    xmas08 038.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 2,670
  • xmas08 033.jpg
    xmas08 033.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 2,681

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Someone needs to recover that HD6-G! That machine looks too good to leave it to rust. I used to operate a horizontal drill mounted on an HD6 with the 4 cyl Buda engine. That machine looks like it's in really good shape.

Farmall953

Anyone have any pictures of old tractors? Farmalls? Ive got a 1950 Farmall C so im a little interested in those

wrenchbender

Someone needs to recover that HD6-G! That machine looks too good to leave it to rust. I used to operate a horizontal drill mounted on an HD6 with the 4 cyl Buda engine. That machine looks like it's in really good shape.

I agree thats a nice looking 6-G

hardtail

OK, I gotta get my post count above 3, so I'll ask my question here... I'm new to this forum, but not new to heavy equipment. I have worked in a few mining ops here and there, mostly on the welding/mechanical side, with a few chances to run the equipment. I have since left that line of work to raise my daughter, after spending most of my life's savings on fertility treatments for my wife to get pregnant. I'm now a manager of an auto parts supply store. We live in a small farming community in Central Missouri, and we raise Holstein calves on our farm, just for fun I guess... Anyway, the reason for coming here was to ask for an opinion. I have recently found a small Hough Payloader that I'm thinking about buying, fixing up, and either selling or using in my operation. I do know the little things are pretty much useless in mud, but I'm more interested in using it in the shop as a forklift/loader/junk mover. This particular unit is a H25 Paylomatic, in pretty rough condition. The owner tells me that it was purchased several years ago, brought home and backed off the trailer, to never be used again. He says it ran when parked.

My question is this: What's the little turd worth? They have mentioned maybe selling it for scrap price, and I believe that'd be a steal. It needs tires, paint, and a LOT of TLC, but I think it'd make a fine little machine.

Can you guys give your opinions? I'd appreciate it!
I'm going to take some pictures of it soon. I'll post when I can.

Depending on condition a couple hundred to less than a grand, they were kind of an early cross between a forklift and skidsteer and you are correct they do much better on hard surfaces.

There is quite abit of info on these on redpower, construction side.

I agree that HD6 looks way to good to sit there slowly getting picked over....:beatsme Thx for the pics guys, the desert seems to preserve them quite well........

DarrylMueller

Occupation
Excavating Contractor & Operator
Old grader in page 4. #49 When I was in grade school 1955 I saw this type of grader on a hand crank Fordson I think. It did not have duels but single tractor diamond tread.

RonG

Charter Member
Occupation
heavy equipment operator
'nother bump.........come on guys,show your selves,who are you really?
I like those old pics.Ron G

Donns

Occupation
Self employed Dragline consultant and Safety train
You might be right, I first thought it was an Adams but after looking I tend to agree with you.

Donns

Occupation
Self employed Dragline consultant and Safety train
Something about the old 2U nags at me. I remember (real fuzzy) running one in the Army in 1961 or so. I seem to remember that it had some sort of different drive setup. Only 3 speeds and a odd sort of torque convertor or something like that. Was the 2U the dozer that was nose heavy. One Cat model around that time was noticable nose heavy and I think it had to do with the engine setting forward and that odd drive set up being stuck in between the engine and final drives. Anybody else have a better memory of these things?

562C

I agree that the engine does look like a Cummins and I am pretty sure that that is what the Macks had in them.It does look like a Euclid though.The Macks that I have worked around had a distinctive enough look to them that you would not mistake them for something else but that was in the `60s.Who knows how old that truck is.Ron G

THe municipality I work for has two old eucs that look a lot like that one........
With CUMMINS engines.

brian falcone

heres my t340 as i found it in worcester..
before.jpg
and heres how it looks today
hcea.jpg
it was going to be scrapped if it didnt sell. needless to say i bought it on the spot.