• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Pics of road toolboxes.

RLU_tech

Occupation
Mechanic
I'm interested in seeing pictures of some portable road toolboxes. Thanks.

nowing75

What will you be working on? When I first started I would throw whatever tools I thought I needed into whichever pick up truck was available and head on out. Now I have a big service truck and still don't have what I need.

RLU_tech

Occupation
Mechanic
I work for our county's highway department. We have two 3/4 ton GMC shop trucks with service bodies, but the county does not supply them with tools. We have to bring our own tools on the road. Just wanted to see how others haul their tools in their service trucks.

Moonlite

Is the truck asigned to you? If so put tools in it and lock it. I had a matco 42 inch 4 drawer box i had nothing but trouble with it.was rated for 250 lbs per drawer. Wouldnt handle 50lbs. Detents on drawers didnt hold up also.

CCash

I run the Construction Crew for a local government agency and wrench on everything from the chainsaws to graders and haul trucks. I ended up using a Montezuma portable top box ,item #: MTZ-SE250, from Strictly Tool Boxes, works great, I can slide it from the bottom box to the back of the truck without lifting it. It has the cantilever top that took a little getting used to. But i was going through the slides and beating out the bottoms of the conventional style tool boxes, and was replacing them about every other year. I don't have any pictures, but there is several examples on their website. Nice thing is you can work out of it in the shop and when your out on a road call, you have all your stuff right where you can find it. I was the first in the shop to use that box/system, now the rest of the Mechanics are converting over to it after seeing how well it works. Cheers!