• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Pics of my ride

Radrock

Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
Thank for posting those. I havent ever seen one of those but sure has to be a timesaver

770G

Awesome pics of your ride specially with your daughter Shelby,.
I hope you and your daughter Shelby enjoyed a lot on this ride please share the more pics and video here,.

Thanks alot, I'll see what I can do for more pics/video. I know I've got a pic somewhere of my son and I grading in my old 740 Champ. Think he was 2 years old :)

Radrock

Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
Well here it is!! A video of my grader doing a bit of shouldering. I strapped my phone to the front scarifier to give a good shot of the board....... Not real exciting though lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGafaq56goQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

A little long of the same thing. I haven't been on here for awhile. The company can't decide if I'm going to run a grader or Dozer lately. My old grader is getting so loose. You can tell your Deere is tight. I sure would like to demo a 772 GP. There isn't any close dealers here. Also only have three years till retirement so I can just stay home and play on my tractor. Haha

770G

Ya the video is kinda boring I know..... Coulda got away with shortening it to 30 seconds ;) afraid I don't know how. As for a GP, I'd love a crack at one too.. I think they'd be slick

L200

Hi, could you help me please?

I have a question about John Deere cutting edges.. Especially for the middle blade.

We have John Deere 772G grader, and there is a broblem, cutting edge gets out of use really fast.. We don't have access to aftermarket parts, we can by only original blades, but they have problems with quality.

Can I change John Deere original cutting edge by Caterpillar edge? Is it possible with out any changes in construction on the blade?

May be it's a stupid quiestion, sorry, but it's a big problem..

P.S. Sorry for my english, it's not my native language..

truefinn

Hello Neighbour,

I PM:d you a company whose blades we use here in Finland. Let me know if you need any help with those.

770G

L200, I only run carbide blades (teeth & flat) they last very well. The company that we get ours from is "Valley Blades" I'm assuming that you aren't using carbides, or I'm not 100% understanding your problem.

smooth

L200, All motor grader cutting edges are universal. It does not matter who makes them. All you need to know is what length you need. John Deere does offer carbide edges.

Radrock

Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
Ya the video is kinda boring I know..... Coulda got away with shortening it to 30 seconds ;) afraid I don't know how. As for a GP, I'd love a crack at one too.. I think they'd be slick

Aww that's OK.. I could have just shut it down but thought there might be something else at the end. Too bad you couldn't have had another section showing the windrow eliminator. Does that blade have the auto cross slope on it? I see the the GP model has that. My 160 has a sonic master on it (although it don't work anymore) but it was nice to use when you had the other end of the moldboard underneath where you can't see it. All you had to do was to control the one side.

Radrock

Occupation
Heavy equipment operator

I sure like the looks of the John Deere. We have reached the end of a big job and they are telling me they are going to sell my dozer and I'll probably go back on a blade. The boss also said the company will probably be selling the old blades and upgrading. hmmmmm I sure wish I knew what too. I really wish I could talk them into a demo on a JD 770GP but we don't have any dealers real close. It's hard to say what will happen. They have a pretty good standing with Volvo so I'm guessing it is going to be Cat or Volvo. I really think John Deere would be better than that. I know we have always used Cat and He may stick with that but it is scaring them because of the fact that not just anyone can jump on a joystick and go. One thing for sure. I only have about 3 years till full retirement so I guess I really don't care one way or the other. I might be purswaded into staying longer if I have something that I enjoy operating. You never know, they might just put me on a scraper or something. Just cause I have more seniority than anyone else doesn't mean squat. hahaha. Hey have a great weekend. And thanks for the picture. I like the roller on the back. I have always thought they should do that for maintaining roads.

770G

I think the 770GP would be great to demo!!! I know I'm more than satisfied with my 770G. Another yard has a Volvo blade and I ran it for 2 days..... Not a fan at all, it was just like running my old champ.....just cleaner ;) also found the controls kinda jerky (but that may have been me). I've never sat behind the control of a CAT yet, but if you can't get a Deere I sure hope you land a CAT. Enjoy the rest of your weekend too

Radrock

Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
I ran a JD 772C Years ago, Maybe it was a B. It was a good stong motor grader. I don't think I have been on a John Deere since. Was that a newer Volvo you ran? I'm thinking they will still stay with CAT. I did demo a 140M about 4 years ago. I didn't get to spend enough time on it to figure it out good. I wasn't really happy with the joystick as I was bluetopping at the time and just didn't have time to mess with it. It was a hurry up job and my blade had to go to the shop for repairs. Time will see what happens.