• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Pettibone super 6 parts needed

Occupation
IT moving into farming
Hello all,
I'm new here but I love old machines.
I have partially resurrected a 73 Pettibone Super 6 but I have one issue.
Sometime in it's life the ring gear and pinion carrier housing broke loose from the axle housing and damaged the ring gear and pinion. It isn't going to last long. Does anyone have one of these machines around for parts? If I can get this fixed I'll be using this thing for years.
Thanks

Delmer

I don't know of any parts machines. You might be surprised how long it lasts the way it is, then again , i havn't seen it, you have.

If you need the parts, figure out the axle make and model, because you'll have better luck if it's not Pettibone.

Occupation
IT moving into farming
Thanks. That model numbers you found sound correct.
My machine has the Napco axles but, I didn't have the model number handy.

Occupation
IT moving into farming
On how long it might last. Your right . It is amazing how tough these things are. That said. The pinion gear has lost at least half an inch of it's diameter. The gears look like they have been dragged around by a chain over rock for a week. I can run it on just the front axle but I would like to get it all back up to a reasonable repair level

Vetech63

Give me the model and serial number of your machine and Ill check the log records on it, providing they are still available. I'm a Pettibone Distributor here in Oklahoma.

Occupation
IT moving into farming
I have the build log . See attached
Thanks for checking if the parts are around!

Attachments

• Super 6-1751.pdf
    315.5 KB · Views: 19