• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Pet Store Demo

bill5362

Occupation
I own a excavation company and a rolloff container
Here is a job we started today. It is a pet store that burnt a few month ago, so we are starting to clean it up. So far we have brought the Komatsu PC200, and Bobcat T300 I don't think we are going to bring anymore equipment. It is really nasty inside, between the rotten pet food, dead animals, and the rats that have taken up home in the debris.

The roll off's are our as well, I will post some more pics as the job progresses. So fa

Attachments

• M2 Pet [Desktop Resolution].jpg
    M2 Pet [Desktop Resolution].jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 551
  • Pet Sore 1 [Desktop Resolution].jpg
    Pet Sore 1 [Desktop Resolution].jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 552

bill5362

Occupation
DDigger yes the weather is start to break here rain is called for every other day. We need the work here, how are things in your area?

bill5362

Occupation
yes it is a shame about the animals, and it is gross. The owner said there were about 18 cats and dogs that were lost. There were about 15 large aquariums as well. The rats look like they are at least 5-7 pounds they have been feeding on the pet food.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
There is a hook on the can on the ground, you guys running hook-lifts or cable boxes?

bill5362

Occupation
Our cans are set up for both hook and cable but all we run now is 54" hook height cans and galbreath hoist. We use to have cable but I don't see ever going back to cable I love the versatility of the hook. Do you have hooks in your area?

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
We use to have cable but I don't see ever going back to cable I love the versatility of the hook. Do you have hooks in your area?

A hook is so much quicker and safer than a cable. I have 3 hooks, all 54" - one single axle Hino and 2 tandem Macks. Actually 1 of the Macks is a dual-lift, quasi-hook lift with a cable too. ( https://www.heavyequipmentforums.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=3190 ) It works OK for our operation, it can't pick up as much as the dedicated hook but it does have the cable to service the 1/2 dozen stationary compactors we have.

After experiencing the efficiency of the hook, I agree I wouldn't ever go back to a cable.

Last edited:

bill5362

Occupation
More Pics

Here are some more pics of the clean up inside of the store. I also included a pic of my faithful on dog a 1990 DM. So far from the inside of the building we have remove 120 Ton, which works out to 360 CY of material. That is any masonry, this is just contents and interior walls

Attachments

• t 300 3.jpg
    t 300 3.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 451
  • T300 Container.jpg
    T300 Container.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 450
  • Pet Store 2.jpg
    Pet Store 2.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 452
  • M2 Loading 2.jpg
    M2 Loading 2.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 452
  • DM Mack.jpg
    DM Mack.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 442

bill5362

Occupation
CM 1995 I looked at the link you attached and that is one fine looking truck. I read the whole post and in my opinion I agree with the advantages of the hook. It was an interest post to read, thanks for attaching.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Thanks Bill5362!:drinkup

What are the specs on your Freightliner hook?

I like the green color scheme for the truck and cans. I finally gave in to my partners color choice for our cans.:rolleyes: Although I will admit the teal does stand out, in it's own way and that does attract attention. I was wanting a dark green similiar to yours but WM is heavy in our area and didn't want to "blend in".

Last edited:

bill5362

Occupation
That truck is a 2007 Freightliner M2 106 it has a Mercedes 330 hp engine, an 8ll transmission, 46,000 rears, 20,000 front axle double frame front to rear. The hoist is a Galbreath 40,000 54", and I have a pioneer strong arm tarper. Thanks for the comments on the colors, a year after I started another guy started and got the same color green containers, with with letters, I wasn't very happy but too much invested to repaint all of the containers.

bill5362

Occupation
It does a great job, I used the excavator to grab all of the steel and we used the bobcat to load all the containers it did a great job. We use our Bobcat (2 T300's) a lot for clearing, demo's, and just about everything else. I would be hard press to ever be with out one, with the tracks it does a lot of work for its size.