• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Perspex View

alrman

Occupation
Diesel Fitter;Small Business Owner;Cleaner
Did a job for a customer today - broke his windsceen in his hoe a few years ago & couldn't afford a new one at the time (they are made of gold!) - so he fitted a sheet of perspex to it - "just for a while, till I can afford one............"

Just in case anyone here wants to do the same - this is what he looks out of while operating the loader - :dizzy

I'd find some money somewhere!! :laugh

Attachments

• perspex view1 - Small.jpg
    perspex view1 - Small.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 220

koldsteele

Occupation
Owner Heavy Equipment Mechanic
Yeah Plexiglass and dirt don't work to good together ...:D

shopteacher 1

Is the glass flat or curved? If it is flat, make a pattern and go to a glass shop and have them cut you a piece of laminated glass. It will be a lot cheaper than a tempered piece from a dealer.

John

AussieChris

When I bought my backhoe it had a broken windscreen and side window (both flat). I got a local glass mob to come out and replace them with laminated glass which they can cut on site. I think it cost me about $300 for both but that was 10 years ago (in Australia).

Chris.