• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Perkins Engine

Snatch

Occupation
Civil Engineer/ Contractor
I have a Thwaites Dumper from the UK. It has a Perkins Engine with the following specs.

Perkins Engine No 5-60-2200

List No: AA50234

Serial No: U7909548.

My problem is that i have spoken to a number of dealers in the USA to source parts but they do not recognise the engine specs.

Does anyone have a similar engine or know a conversion. I am trying to get an overhaul kit etc

Thanks
Snatch

Jeff D.

Snatch, I don't know if this will help but Massey Ferguson uses alot of Perkins engines. Have you tried going through them to see if they have any info/cross references for that particular engine model?

http://www.masseyferguson.com/?404B

I know they do still sell them and have dealers in Europe & the UK. Perhaps that particular engine model is not used in the US.

It's an idea atleast.

Good luck in your search!!:thumbsup

Duke

Have you tried a CAT dealer? They own perkins.

OzDozer

Occupation
Semi-Retired ..
It sounds to me like you may be mixing some of your letters and numbers in the parts list code, and the S/N codes.

AA indicates it is a 4 cyl, 1004-4 engine .. U indicates it is U.K. built. You should have no problems getting parts for it, if you gave the correct parts list number.

Go to the Perkins site, and on the RHS, you'll see .. "Your Perkins engine number: Where to find it/what it tells you" ..

http://www.perkins.com/cda/layout?m=69660&x=7

Left click on that heading, and a pop-up window appears, with explicit instructions on how to find, and ID your engine.
Separate the numbers and letters correctly .. then start with year of build .. then find your engine model, and the correct parts list number.

If you can find an AE aftermarket Perkins parts distributor, you'll find parts are also a lot cheaper. AE make good quality parts, I have used them with no problems. Also, look on eBay U.K. for Perkins parts.