• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

PC75UU2 plastic panel repair ?

dgowland

I had a limb fall and break the tank cover on the side of my Komatsu PC75UU2 . A new panel is too expensive . I may buy a plastic welder . Has anyone tried welding these and what type of plastic rod did you use ? Pictures are before , I would like to keep it nice looking .

Thanks
Dave

Attachments

• ex3.jpg
    ex3.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 331
  • ex2.jpg
    ex2.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 331
  • ex1.jpg
    ex1.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 333

toomanymachines

I have seen enogh of these wrecked. you should be able to find someone who will sell at a reasonable price.

mike69440

Occupation
Engineer
That is one very clean/new looking PC75! If you can't find the cover, try Fiberglass repair. Plastic welding is not very strong in most cases.

PS if you happen to find a door cheap, let me know. My Latch and rollers are shot and the frame has metal fatigue, not worth tryin to fix, as a good replacement is what's needed.

Last edited:

Ace K

Occupation
Boat Ninja
Fiberglass be it polyester, vinylester, or epoxy, wont stick to plastic very long.