• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

PC75UU-2 overheating

zanefair

I have a pc75uu-2 that is getting hot. My console does not work so I cannot get a gauge reading. The hood gets so hot that you cannot touch it after running for 10ish minutes. I have put a waterpump and new injectors in recently. Does not seem to have blow by (blown head gasket). Radiator seems clear. I am not a mechanic just a guy with some property and a few machines. Any suggestions of things to check would be appreciated.

zanefair

Okay so it is not overheating. Hit it with a temp gun 170-180 on the hose 450 on muffler 150 outside of hood. Valve cover leaks just a little and was smoking at mufler so gave me a miss feeling. It slows down a little after it heats up. In anyone's experience is this a wore pump? Can it be adjusted? I plan to take some hyd oil for analysis next week.

partsdic

Your PC75UU-2 excavator's overheating issue could be caused by several factors. Since you've already addressed the water pump and injectors, here are some additional steps to consider:

1. Coolant System: Ensure the radiator is clean, and there are no obstructions in the cooling system. Check for any coolant leaks, and ensure the thermostat is functioning correctly.
  2. Fan Clutch: Inspect the fan clutch to ensure it's engaging properly. A malfunctioning fan clutch can lead to inadequate cooling.
  3. Engine Oil Cooler: A clogged or malfunctioning oil cooler can lead to elevated temperatures. Check it for any blockages or damage.
  4. Hydraulic Oil Cooler: Since you're planning to analyze hydraulic oil, ensure the hydraulic oil cooler is working efficiently as it can impact overall machine temperature.
  5. Airflow: Check that the engine compartment has proper airflow. A lack of ventilation can contribute to overheating.
  6. Fuel System: A lean fuel mixture can cause high temperatures. Ensure the fuel system is functioning optimally.