• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

PC75 weight

Coastal

Has anyone actually weighed a PC-75 on a scale? Im looking for weights to see if my truck will handle it legally. I've searched around from komatsu's site to everywhere on the internet and have found weights from 15850 to 18000lbs. I know there are lots of variables like rubber/steel tracks, thumbs, buckets, Booms etc. The machine im looking at is a few years old, so there are no brochures on it. :D

Thanks,

Rob

mflah87

Occupation
owner of excavating company
16,000 is probably the weight with no cab just a canopy. I had a PC-60 that weighed 16,000 I think the 78 is more weight and a zero tail swing machine.

Wulf

Coastal, what is the type and series indicated on the SN plate as it would be probably be easier to narrow it down such as PC78??-?

Wulf

Coastal, according to some old material I have:

For PC75UU-2
7750kg with cab
7850kg with cab and steel tracks
7600kg with canopy
7700kg with canopy and steel tracks

Coastal

I scaled my truck yesterday, seems im allowed 19581 lbs on the deck, that machine converts to 17085 lbs, hopefully I can get the weight transfered to the front and rear axles appropriately, and im good to go. ;)

bobcatuser

Occupation
Excavation Contractor
Costal, are you planning on hiring someone to run that Komatsu? I have seen lots of single axle trucks carrying 6-7 ton excavators, but never over the scale. Gross weight should be ok, just make sure it’s not overweight on the front axle.

Coastal

I will be running it, along with another guy. ;) Ya i hear ya about the front axle, i've got 12/21 axles, I guess only the scales will tell.....

bobcatuser

Occupation
Excavation Contractor
Did you get to the last Richie Brothers auction? They had a few Komatsu PC 75UU-2 selling for $16-$20 with 5000+ hours. One contractor I talked to had nothing but problems with the sensors in the offset boom. There is a safety shut off for the hydraulics when the sensor fails. You can’t even move the machine when it happens.

Coastal

No i didnt check the auction, I wouldnt buy something with that many hours. :confused:

The one im looking at has about 1200 hours, and its immaculate, it has the original paint and tracks on it, and it seriously looks garage kept. No scratches, it must have worked in a warehouse or something, and it looks like they just used the dozer blade as its worn in the center.

I have a 50 now, and might go to this and a 35 instead.

bobcatuser

Occupation
Excavation Contractor
Sounds like a good deal. I think having a 60 and 35 is the best combo. I know of 2 owner operators selling their 200 and buying a 60.

Coastal

Ya i can see that....why buy a machine for $150,000 and get $110-120 an hour for it when you can spend $30-40000 and get $80-90 an hour.

:D

PSDF350

No i didnt check the auction, I wouldnt buy something with that many hours. :confused:

The one im looking at has about 1200 hours, and its immaculate, it has the original paint and tracks on it, and it seriously looks garage kept. No scratches, it must have worked in a warehouse or something, and it looks like they just used the dozer blade as its worn in the center.

I have a 50 now, and might go to this and a 35 instead.

Why is 5,000 hours to many for you to buy?

Coastal

Im not a fan of loose worn out old machines that need pins, hoses and hydraulic pumps replaced amongst other things. Most of my equipment is within a year or 2 old, and i've had it since new. I like reliability. Down time isnt something I can afford in the busy season.

Maybe a full size machine with 5000 hours is ok....but I find minis get really loose.

mflah87

Occupation
owner of excavating company
Buying a used mini isnt sometihng i would do. Everyone seems to beat them badly. I know around 1500 hours my cousins was pretty beat, but thats because hes got a bunch of morons working for him.

mike69440

Occupation
Engineer
I also purchased a Komatsu PC75UU-2E

Did you get to the last Richie Brothers auction? They had a few Komatsu PC 75UU-2 selling for $16-$20 with 5000+ hours. One contractor I talked to had nothing but problems with the sensors in the offset boom. There is a safety shut off for the hydraulics when the sensor fails. You can’t even move the machine when it happens.

I just puchased a reasonably nice 1997 PC75UU-2E

I was warned about the switches. I was told to leave them in off position.

These are one speed machines that only have about 9000 lbs drawbar pull

They do not dozer as well as the new ones.

The cabs are made for Asian build. I made the mistake of sitting in a new PC78US.

This was a private sale.

I am having the Komatsu dealer install a pin on bucket hydraulic thumb.

Still I think I got a good well kept machine. For near 5000 hours the pins are not real bad.

If fact this PC75UU-2E is in better condition than a rental would have been with 1500-2000 hours.

I would have gotten something like a Kubota KX-161 or a PC 58, PC 60 or Hitachi, but they are as much or more money.

Last edited:

Countryboy

Occupation
Load Out Tech. / Heavy Equipment Operator / Locomo
Welcome to HEF mike69440! :drinkup